(Normal)
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Prashant & Stickers To Amsterdam

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Some of you know Prashant Khaitan, aka Khaitan on here.  I got a text from him yesterday asking if I was home as he was passing through and wanted to stop by.  I was, he did, and we had a wonderful conversation.

Turned out he was on his bike, a 1980 R100/T IIRC, and you can see a screen grab of him and of his bike below.  (I forgot to take pics while he was here and got those from a video he posted on FB.)

But he is headed to Amsterdam "at the end of the month" so I sent him with 11 of the forum's stickers for distribution in Europe.  Given that we need to get a list of those who want them and addresses so he can pass them on.  I know we have Wagoneermaster, FordUSAF150, W.J.Elverding, and Andre in the Netherlands, but others are somewhat close as well.  So I'll send them an email and see if I can get addresses.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Prashant & Stickers To Amsterdam

85lebaront2
Administrator
Great! He and I have chatted on Facebook and even spoken on the phone.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This was his 4th visit here and we had a good conversation.  But watch out, Bill, 'cause he has questions for you.  

He had a zillion questions about Big Blue as he's thinking about doing similar things to his trucks.  But he has an early 90's F250 w/a 460 and EEC-IV EFI and was asking questions about what he could do to it.  I know how to do EEC-V, but not IV, although I think you do and suggested he contact you.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Unfortunately, an EEC-IV needs a piggyback tuner like a Moates Quarterhorse or TwEECer. They can't be reflashed which is why there are a gazillion different 1985/86 5.0L EECs.

Since he is going back to Europe, maybe I can ask him to look for a dial glass for my old Telefunken console HiFi.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thought so, but wasn’t sure what all it took.

Anyway, I’ve now emailed all of our European members, or at least all of the ones on the map, and told them about Prashant being there with stickers in-hand.

Reply | Threaded
|

Againstthegrain
How much are these posted to the UK please?
Black '86 f150 302 efi 4x4 short bed