Pink coolant

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pink coolant

Fordboy300
Hi guys has anyone ever tried to use pink coolant in our trucks I’m about ready to do a coolant flush and my heater core went out so I’m gonna drain all the coolant out.  I was wondering if Toyota pink coolant would work since I could get it pretty easily.  
"Big Red" 1986 Ford F150 XL

Ford 300 i6 4.9L  .20 over bore(303 cubic inches now), p&p head, Crower 19212 cam, crower lifter spring kit, cloyes timing gears, EFI manifolds, Offenhauser C-series, Edelbrock 500cfm, DUI Ignition Dizzy, dual in single out magnaflow exhaust dumped before the rear axle.  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pink coolant

viven44
Unless you flush thoroughly, You will need to look into potential compatibility issues between Toyota and trace levels of Universal (green) coolant. I know the GM dexcool hates being mixed with anything else and will sludge up tiny coolant passages everywhere.

I’ve of course only used universal. I get 2 gallons of Prestone universal long life concentrate from Walmart and 2 gallons distilled water. For under $30 bucks that will do it for 5+ years.
Vivek

- 'Big Blue 2WD' - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with the heart of a 1986 F250 Bullnose - under restoration
- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project