9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Note worthy contribution!

1986F150Six
Administrator
This post was updated on .
We need to extend a big THANK YOU to Scott Ringler / WelderScott...

For years, Scott, at his own expense, has not only put on welding demonstrations with teaching opportunities, but has brought with him a large tank of liquid Nitrogen. He has filled numerous tires [cars, trucks and even motor homes] with Nitrogen at no charge to any of the recipients!

His machine fills all the vehicle's tires through a manifold to achieve equal pressure unless requested otherwise. He vents the air mixture in the tires down to 4 PSI to keep from breaking the bead loose or damaging the wheel. At that point, the tire is filled with Nitrogen to the desired pressure. Once this is achieved, the process is repeated.

He even did this process to my spare!

THANK YOU, WelderScott!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Note worthy contribution!

ratdude747
Seconded. THANK YOU Scott!

Very nifty machine indeed. Appears to be the same thing that a lot of the pro tire shops who offer nitrogen inflation use.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
We sure do, David. Thanks for bringing him up. I enjoyed my conversation with him and he was most grateful in airing up our tires with nitrogen. Thanks Scott!!!
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Scott is a prince. I enjoy talking and working with him.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Moderators, please make certain that Scott knows there is thread regarding his generosity.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I texted the perms link to him last night.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Great! Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
|

WelderScott
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Hey fellas!

Thanks so much for the kind words.  I really enjoyed the show, the people and the conversations we had. I gleaned so much good information and ideas from our conversations that I'm the one that is truly grateful. What a resource this forum is, especially for beginners like me. The amount of work that went into making this show possible and the distance traveled by some is astounding.

Thanks again for all the hard work and the kind words.  Look forward to meeting you all again next year.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I'll echo what has already been said!
Was great talking to you again, looking at your truck, and taking advantage of the tire nitrogen swap.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio