New User Roncobbusc

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New User Roncobbusc

Roncobbusc
New member here - Live in Ft Mill, SC (near Charlotte)
1984 F150 XLT 4x4
351W 2bbl Auto Trans
Getting ready to start a restoration on her, although I'll probably eventually build the engine - the original is pretty anemic.
I have ALL of the original trim except the beauty rings with the red stripes for the argent wheels - having trouble finding those that aren't completely beat to shreds.
Look forward to bouncing ideas and getting tips and tricks from all y'all!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New User Roncobbusc

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

How 'bout some pics?  And you'll probably want to start a thread in the main section to document your restoration.

Also, you would like to be on our map?  You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Roncobbusc
Welcome!  

It wouldn't be hard to swap an H.O. cam, 4V carb and intake if you don't have visual emissions inspections there in South Carolina.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Roncobbusc
Yeah - no emissions inspections here in SC, so hoping I can clean things up under the hood a little
Reply | Threaded
|

Roncobbusc
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Definitely going to add some pics. I'd love to be on the map - I'll check that out!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Roncobbusc wrote
Yeah - no emissions inspections here in SC, so hoping I can clean things up under the hood a little
If you want to simply things and don't have inspection there's plenty you can do to the engine bay.

Perhaps we should leave that for a project thread (if you want to document the transformation)  or one down in the main forum.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E