New Members

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Members

Jasonwwilks
Thanks for the add.  We are a father/son team.  Jason and Clint Wilks from Arab, Alabama.  Together we recently purchased a 84 F150 regular cab short bed XLT Lariat optioned with power windows, locks, rear slider, factory a/c, tilt and cruise.  Carbed 302 with an AOD trans. 2wd.  Approximately 134,000 miles for $900.00.  Recently acquired a 86 Supercab short bed XLT Lariat with the same options minus rear slider but with factory bucket seats and console and factory tach.  302 FI with AOD and 2wd.  Approximately 96,000 miles. $600.00  Supposedly the 3rd owners of both.  Both trucks have 3.55 8.8 rears without LS.

I have included a few pics and I have my 1st question for the group.  The 86 has a rear axle code on the door pillar label as 19B.  I know 19 is a 3.55 8.8 non LS but I can not find anything on what the "B" stands for.  I know some axle codes have a letter before the numbers but this is following the numbers.  Any info will be appreciated.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Members

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

But ID's are cheap on here, so you could each have your own.  Who knows, you may want to say different things.  

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you in Arab.  OK?

On the axle code, I've not heard of "19B", so I can't answer your question.  Sorry.  But maybe you can show us a pic of the certification label and we can figure something out?

What's the plan on the trucks?  Are you going to restore both of them?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Jasonwwilks
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Jasonwwilks
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
The Supercab we will basically restore as a daily driver for my son.  The red one I will either restore as a 2wd or I may convert to 4wd.  Its on the back burner for now.  Im including the body tag pic for the Supercab.  Its hard to see but it definitely states under Axle "19B"
Yes, feel free to add us to your map.

After seeing the pic, if you cannot make it out or zoom in, I can email the pic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
The “B” is just misplaced a bit, it is supposed to be under “Tape” and refers to the Tutone Regatta blue stripe on the truck.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Jasonwwilks
That makes more sense.  Just crazy that it is set perfectly behind the "19"  Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's exactly why I asked to see the certification label.  That isn't too unusual.

EDIT: Forgot to say you are on the map.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

majorfa05
Is there a problem with sending emails? I have been trying to send one to Gary.
Georgia
1982 F100
300 6cyl
43,000miles
Work in progress
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There is a problem and I haven't been able to get it fixed.  But the email usually goes.

In the screenshot below you can see an email I just sent you via the forum, but after clicking Send Email nothing happened so it looked like it didn't go.  And a few seconds later it said "Verification expired.  Check the box again."

However, notice the tick in the "Send a copy of this message to me" box.  I did that and I got the message in my email so I know you got it.

I'll do my best to get that feature fixed, but Nabble isn't working on problems in this right now, so I have little hope it will be.  Maybe I can add some text to that page so people will tick that box and at least know the email went - or didn't.