New Member from Canada

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Member from Canada

ODIE
My name is Michael and I live in the interior of British Columbia. I too have been a big fan of the Bullnose. My first job was as an apprentice mechanic at a Ford dealer in '79....when the new (at the time) trucks came in I was thoroughly impressed with the new look. At the time I was more interested in racing around in a hotted up Datsun 510. It wasn't until 25 years later that I finally got my first Bullnose. It was an 85 F150 regular cab long box 4X4 with a 351 and 4 speed . We bought 26 acres in a rural area and the sale included the truck which we lovingly called OD (short for Old Damage), He was pretty beat up but was the an incredible truck. Always completed the task at hand. For 10 years he climbed the mountains in search of firewood. Sadly we had to sell the farm and decided to leave the always stalwart Odie behind for the new property owners (should have kept him..dang!). That was in 2016....now I have bought a property in a rural area again and will need another Odie. Hard to find one that hasn't been messed with or rotted out. By chance my ex bought an F150 because she needed a winter vehicle that could handle snowy hills (her Mini was useless). Only problem is....brace yourselves....it's a 1990   The price was right and as I stated, there are no Bullnoses around. So, the reason why I am here is to help me convert the front end of my 90 to a Bullnose. I also find the newer plastic headlights are dangerous. Even after cleaning the lenses they still suck. Horrible light pattern no matter what bulb I use. With the Bullnose' sealed beams I can update to some Hellas/Bosch/Cibie lights and actually see the road. So thats why I am here...to get advice on giving my truck a facelift...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member from Canada

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Michael!  Glad you joined.  

And that is a good task - upgrading a Bricknose to Bullnose status.  We can help you with that.

We have a map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.  Would you like to be on it?  We just need a city or postal code.

Hope you'll start a thread in either the main section or Projects on your efforts to upgrade the truck.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by ODIE
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Hey ODIE, welcome aboard. Another Canuck here...on the opposite coast.

I've spent some time in BC. Sure is pretty out there.

The guys can help with the front clip swap.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Michael!  

The front end swap should be pretty straightforward. The mounts at the lower rear of the fenders changed, but I think the hood to cowl profile is the same until '91.
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  

I know that at least one of our members has done it (Shaun from Florida)

Gary and I were just talking about the radiused rear wheel arches and flat tailgate of the bricknose trucks.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ODIE
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thank you to all!

Yes, please add me to the map....I'm in Kamloops British Columbia

Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Michael - You are now on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI