classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Member... Sort of a bullnose

ford4wd08
It is a mess, but I'll work through it.

I'll try to get it as straight as I can, funny you mention leaks, it doesn't appear that the clearance lights ever leaked on this rig.

I'm going to be removing the bed soon. That will definitely be a challenge, but I'm coming up with a plan to do it and leave it in the garage to where the truck can back up under it.
Jordan
Papaw's Heirlooms
'87 F350 Cab & Chassis Dually with Aluminum Flatbed
Carb'ed 460, ZF5 S-42, 4x4, Dana 60 Solid Axle, Sterling Rear 3.55 Gears
'85 Ford Bronco II 2.8, V6 Duraspark Conversion, A4LD Auto, 4x4
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
good on you for taking on the roof repair. I have actually walked away from trucks due to the seller not realizing the true value of getting them back properly verses thinking their truck was worth a lot regardless.
getting that crown correct will test all of your skills, patience and temper. go slow and walk away for a drink or coffee if you feel like its fighting you. you can't get a dolly behind there so there is no supporting the steel to tap against. pull very easily to avoid creating high points.
Reply | Threaded
|

ford4wd08
Thanks for the encouragement. Yes I'm trying to go gently. I can access it with a lever on some of need be through the clearance light holes, but I'm just trying to get it as straight as I can and let a little bit of filler clean up the rest. It won't be perfect but it won't be concave either
Jordan
Papaw's Heirlooms
'87 F350 Cab & Chassis Dually with Aluminum Flatbed
Carb'ed 460, ZF5 S-42, 4x4, Dana 60 Solid Axle, Sterling Rear 3.55 Gears
'85 Ford Bronco II 2.8, V6 Duraspark Conversion, A4LD Auto, 4x4
Reply | Threaded
|

chirkware
Hi neighbor! Just down the road from you in Lenoir City. We see lots of aluminum vats coming through town on semis!

Glad to see you getting your grandfather's truck back together. Hate to see it was torn up by stupidity in the form of teenagers but I'm glad it's safely away from them now! I look forward to seeing your progress.
Ole Blue -- 1970 F100 Custom, 240 and a C4 automatic
Larry the Lariat -- 1986 F150 XLT Lariat 4x4, 351w and a C6 automatic