New Member - Bend Oregon

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Member - Bend Oregon

Gsmblue
Hi, I am new here. I have posted on a couple of other forums but they all seem pretty dead!

I got my Bullnose in August this year. She is called Eunice and is my hobby truck. The plan is to restore her over the comping couple of years. Rome was not built in a day..

She runs nice (finally) and is in reasonable shape.  Engine is not burning oil or coolant! Transfer case seems to be seeping some oil but not much, steering box is shot. The brakes need a little TLC and the elections need attention. You know, dash lights, buzzers... The interior needs a complete reno and the paint... Well.. that will be the last thing to sort!

Anyhow, glad to find this resource, the first thing it taught me is the rubbing strips I thought would be easy to replace... well.. not gonna be!! I have the rare 85-86 high rubbing strip with the bright insert and the wing mirror cut out... I will need to get lucky to find them :)

Anyhow, nice to meet you all! Here are 2 pics, including the hound - he is my assistant!

1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member - Bend Oregon

Ford F834
Administrator
Welcome! You have a fine looking truck and assistant! I don't know where you are located, but you might message the member here Blucollar 4xford (http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=22). I believe he was selling a set of the 85 upper body protection strips. I think he had the whole set which you might not need/want but you could ask. He said the clear coating was a bit rough but the bright silver underneath was intact. I live in Arizona and any of that trim that I usually see is yellowed and peeling and horrid looking... but I will keep my eyes open in the junkyard just in case. Is it just the front driver side piece that you are missing?
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Thanks for the welcome!

The truck is great, took me 6 months to find what I was looking for and I feel it was a good deal at $2k previously owned by a mechanic!

I am in Bend, Oregon. Although I am originally from England - don't hold that against me :)

I will definitely contact Blucollar about those rubbing strips. The truck looks naked without them...

Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you found us. đź‘Ť

What part of England?  We used to live in Moor Park and I worked for Conoco/Jet behind Selfridges.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Blimey! small world!

I am from Enfield, London. Moved to the US for work in 2006 and not planning on leaving anytime soon!

Finally I have space to have a truck and a shop to work in :)

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Enfield -Didn’t they make motorcycles there?  And arms?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Yes indeed! That site was turned into a pub, then a nightclub!

Not sure what it is now, but the building was right on the River Lee..

That was a blast from the past!

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
In reply to this post by Gsmblue
I grew up in Central Oregon.  Went to Bend Weekly.

Enjoy the view of the Cascades!
1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)