New Heater Cable Assembly

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Heater Cable Assembly

Powerman5K
The cable to my temperature control knob broke in my F100. I bought a new one from LMC but when it arrived it is nearly a foot and a half short (31" long). LMC refunded me with no questions but they said 31" is how long it is supposed to be. I don't have AC and this is the cable that should run under the dash and through the firewall. There is no way mathematically that 31" would ever work.

My question is: Does anyone know where I can get one? I'm gun shy now and want to see the cable length before I buy but can't find one listed.
1980 F100 Custom. Inline 6. Power steering. 3 on the Column.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Heater Cable Assembly

Gary Lewis
Administrator
On our page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems it looks like you need E0TZ 18518-A.  Doing a Google search for that brings me right back to this forum, but the adverts that David found are now gone.  My suggestion would be to take what you have left to a lawnmower shop and see if they can put a new part in your housing.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Or a bicycle shop. They deal with cables like that all the time.
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Powerman5K
Good ideas. I'll try those routes.
1980 F100 Custom. Inline 6. Power steering. 3 on the Column.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
im in the process of converting an 83 from factory heat with "ara" dealer air to factory air. I still have everything from the earlier set up. it may be a few days, but I will try to measure what is there and check the condition of it. I'm not sure which shop it's in. the half empty or the half full one.