Need exhaust help for my ‘83

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need exhaust help for my ‘83

Alfie623
I’m closing in on my engine swap and I’m at the point where I need an exhaust.  I bought the Bassani Y pipe because it A) bolted to the factory flange location B) was available without a cat C) was mandrel bent stainless.  

I’m leaning toward a Bassani muffler, over axle and tail pipe.  The kit comes with stubs for hangers and the Bassani folks say to use the factory hangers...... yeah, this truck is 35 years old and there technically is a hanger but it doesn’t look stock and it’s real rusty and it doesn’t take the stainless pin style hanger that Bassani’s kit has.  

Can anyone confirm what an ‘83 factory exhaust hanger looks like?  Does anyone have a suggestion about what to use to hang a new exhaust?  I’m all ears.  

Here’s a photo of the Bassani kit for reference.  

1983 Bronco XLT being rebuilt/restored with a 5.8 HO & ZF5 and a pile of other improvements..... Serpentine drive; saginaw saw; 3G swap; manual swap with a ZF5; hydro boost swap to name a few....
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need exhaust help for my ‘83

FuzzFace2
What truck and motor are we talking about?
I have an 81 F100 with a 300 six I can get pictures of the stock system with out cat.
If I saw this this morning before I put the bed on I could have gotten good pictures.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need exhaust help for my ‘83

PetesPonies
There are several ways to hang an exhaust that are completely acceptable. Some involve some welding, some are totally bolt on. I'm not sure exactly what you are asking? If how to hang an exhaust is making you not buy an exhaust kit, don't let it. Anything can be hung and quite easily.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco