classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NIDAGE Wireless Endoscope for Automotive Inspection

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I just used my new borescope for the first time and wanted to report on how it works.  It is the NIDAGE Wireless Endoscope for Automotive Inspection Semi-Rigid Flexible Waterproof 5.5MM WiFi Borescope Camera Compatible Android and iOS Smartphones, iPhone, iPad (4.92FT) and I got it from Amazon.

They have what appears to be the same unit with three different lengths of cable.  But I chose the 5' length so I wouldn't have a lot of cable laying around when I'm trying to use the device, and that seemed to work out well as 5' was plenty.

It works really well, and setup was easy:

1. Put it on a USB charger for a few minutes to ensure it is charged

2. Download the app for your mobile device

3. Turn the borescope on

4. Go to Settings on your device and connect to the borescope via wifi

5. Start the app.

There are several settings for resolution of the camera and for the amount of light the LEDs produce.  I set the resolution to 1080p and left the LEDs on the default setting and got the pic below of the inside of my HVAC plenum.  Plenty of detail and light.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NIDAGE Wireless Endoscope for Automotive Inspection

grumpin
Cool! Thanks for the report!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NIDAGE Wireless Endoscope for Automotive Inspection

swampedout
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
There has been a lot of advancement in those cameras. I was doing my spark plugs recently and wondered abt sticking a camera down to check out the cylinders. Usually camera quality shows itself in low light situations.
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems