NEWB 84 F150 Survivor

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NEWB 84 F150 Survivor

Slasher
Thanks for your Forum… I appreciate the work and support that it provides…

I am a proud owner a 1 Owner F-150 survivor… The original owner took great care of the truck and it has over 200k on the odometer… The owner lives 5 miles down the road… So any questions are easily answered…

I am looking at the engine upgrade and thinking about adding putting an AOD in at the same time so I can not get run off the interstate here in GA…. Or kill my motor running 3200rpm

I got lucky… she’s pretty clean and not buggered up…
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NEWB 84 F150 Survivor

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome!  

Always nice to see a clean title with an old truck like this.
It certainly does look well cared for!
Must have been a point of pride for the previous owner.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Slasher
Welcome!  Glad you joined, and thanks for posting in here.

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Slasher
Zebulon GA….

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Lukes_86
Beautiful Bullnose! A rare find. Interior and exterior are looking great.
"Little Blue Truck" 1986 F150 302 EFI C6 2WD XLT Lariat
Reply | Threaded
|

Slasher
She’s far from perfect

Just an intact survivor… Was originally red and gray…. In need of another respray…  its chipping…

But the only real mod is pretty handy

The last 2 years, I’ve done new brakes and rotors, new door seals and felts… water pump, and most recently replaced a freeze plug that had decayed and had a pinhole… jbl speakers and an alpine head unit in the mail…

Just added a Roll up tonneau cover…

I struggle with the direction to take her…

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I don't look too closely at my truck.  
Just treat it to timely maintenance and occasional system overhauls.
As I get older and no longer have a garage or shop it's become a challenge to keep up.

Behind the seat storage is really handy! (Gary's is outfitted like mission control! 😅)
Unfortunately my last stereo 'upgrade' has a speaker box occupying that space, along with an amp on the floor under the seat.

Be careful with that extinguisher. The powder inside gets compacted over time from vibration.
There was a discussion about this, and not having it work when you need it most.

So, what do you wish your truck was more capable of?  Or what would you change just for kicks?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The storage unit is not really a "modification" since it bolts/screws in.

What Jim was talking about on Big Blue is that I have a 3KW inverter in the storage unit and a whole bunch of things being charged from it, including 2 walkie talkies, 2 flash lights, 1 camp lantern, 1 headlamp, and a jump start battery - all of which reside in the storage unit.

Reply | Threaded
|

Slasher
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis

“So, what do you wish your truck was more capable of?  Or what would you change just for kicks?“

Depends on what mood I am in…

Whats the old saying,
Cheap, fast, and reliable-choose any two of the three?

Plan for now- will probably do a mild roller 302 with an AOD… and keep it reliable daily driver…
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You might want to check out Cory's/Rembrandt's threads.
He has built a mild 302/5-speed '84 Flareside and swapped a '96 5.0/4R70W into a '52 chassis.

Cory is a talented photographer and captures a good amount of details in those builds.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/My-1984-F150-2wd-Flareside-Project-quot-Blue-Mule-quot-td4515.html#a5587

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Rembrant-s-new-non-Bullnose-project-td104258.html

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E