Mystery part

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mystery part

mat in tn
yes, that's the chart I'm referring to. hopefully just a typo.
Reply | Threaded
|

El Chapo
In reply to this post by mat in tn
Hey Mat how’s your move coming along it seems like a huge undertaking moving over 400 miles away. Give a shout out once you get settled and when you come across that horn pad/steering wheel. Peace!!
86 Bronco XLT “La Bronkita” Tow/light pkg. 302/EFI, BW1345
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
yes, it's a big job when you consider the distance. it's made bigger by the fact that we moved in my mother-in-law three months ago as a necessity. age / health ... then we are also moving my wife's home business, our home, and my multiple junk collections along with moving vehicles and this all has me grateful for my blessings one minute and questioning my sanity the next.  I keep getting asked why I did not just get one big truck. it's simple really. who but I would know how to pack, load, move, many of these items from assorted fan clutch bolts to grilles? door glass etc.  this way I am a truck driver, and she packs. then I'm a truck driver while she is setting up.  pro movers would cringe I'm sure, but then they get paid far better than I do. and I'm setting up my shop as I go, and I have no one on the clock stressing me out about paying idle workers or rental trucks heading back two or three times empty while I'm paying gas and mileage. and if I get tired ... I sleep. if I get hungry... I eat. if I have to go... I you know.
Reply | Threaded
|

El Chapo
Thank you for the update and good luck with all of that. Always good to hear from you! Blessings!
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by mat in tn
mat in tn wrote
yes, it's a big job when you consider the distance. it's made bigger by the fact that we moved in my mother-in-law three months ago as a necessity. age / health ... then we are also moving my wife's home business, our home, and my multiple junk collections along with moving vehicles and this all has me grateful for my blessings one minute and questioning my sanity the next.  I keep getting asked why I did not just get one big truck. it's simple really. who but I would know how to pack, load, move, many of these items from assorted fan clutch bolts to grilles? door glass etc.  this way I am a truck driver, and she packs. then I'm a truck driver while she is setting up.  pro movers would cringe I'm sure, but then they get paid far better than I do. and I'm setting up my shop as I go, and I have no one on the clock stressing me out about paying idle workers or rental trucks heading back two or three times empty while I'm paying gas and mileage. and if I get tired ... I sleep. if I get hungry... I eat. if I have to go... I you know.
Mat, when I moved from CT to NC 7+ years ago I had 1 car in parts but moved under its own power and 2 others that also moved under their power and parts for all of them.
Then add all the tools / shop equipment I had.
Just like you who would know how to pack it all so it would make the move safely? BTW when I was a kid my parents had a trucking service so I knew how to pack things.

I could not do all the packing, driving, unpacking and drive back to do it all over again and still hold down a job. Heck we did not have a house to move into as we needed to sell our house first.
The answer was PODS! I used 3 of the largest they had. They dropped it in the drive in CT and after work I packed it up. When full they took the full and brought a empty to do all over again.

I used 2x4's and plywood to build compartments in the first POD for my car parts & tools.
Motors, transmissions, heads, body parts and glass you name it.
2nd POD had more of my garage stuff but started loading house goods that packed a lot better.
The 3rd was all the big house stuff and we hired movers to move what I could not.
We gave and through out a lot of good stuff as we did not have room for it and we were not getting a 4th POD.

We drove down to NC to sign for the new house and I pulled 1 car down on the trailer. It and my Durango was full up with stuff. Unpacked everything and went back up with empty trailer.
Picked up 2nd of 3 cars and the cats from boarding and went back down with sister in tow, her car full with stuff we could not because of the cats in a large crate.

The POD's got dropped at the new house, 1 with most of my garage / car stuff at my garage less moving on my part.
We hired movers again to move the stuff I could not by my self for the house and my up right air compressor. Sister helped the wife with the house stuff and me in my garage.
A week or so later I went up for the last car by my self.

Other than the work of me loading /unloading the PODS it worked out great.
They held on to them till we needed them and dropped the 3 at the new house were I wanted them, 2 at the house the other at my garage.
I would say for anyone that is going to move them selves and a need to store before the move to go with PODS. I was able to take my time loading, they were on time to drop / pick up at both locations and held as long as was needed. Price was also cheaper than if we hired movers.
Only driving I did was to bring the 3 cars down and 1 of the drives was for us to get here anyway LOL

Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
very similar events but with their own quirks.
one big difference is that im retired (early). no one to set a timeline but myself. mrs ann really!
i took the big jump and bought this home first. then declared that the setup and move was my summer job. we started out moving daughter number two and her husband as since we chose NC they chose SC to be closer to his family and now us too. so we moved them first. he said get the biggest truck. so he did. we packed in haste with the younger generation displaying their total lack of comprehension of a plan or the execution of said plan. all parents on deck! all friends and siblings showing up late for the party which turned out to too much work for them. us old guys really do rule! add to that an  altima loaded , a cadillac loaded a jeep liberty loaded and with two cats and my expedition loaded and with one cat and away we go. not too much got broken. not too much got scratched. and we were exhausted!!
the next day I closed on this house. and we chose to trickle it in and set things up at our pace. this is a luxury to be honest. i have the time and that makes it possible. i would rather be building my truck as i have not worked in the shop two months now. i have visited at best. we just got home a few hours ago from nashville and showings are beginning soon but im headed back first thing in the morning to load yet another load from storage. yes i have done some math and im still way ahead by using my own trucks and trailers even at these obscene gas prices.
Reply | Threaded
|

El Chapo
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Maybe I ordered the wrong one?
Reply | Threaded
|