Mono radio speaker adapter kit [E0TZ-18819-A] - NOS

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mono radio speaker adapter kit [E0TZ-18819-A] - NOS

81-F150-Explorer
That is an adapter kit for a truck that never had a factory radio installed. This kit is for a mono AM, or Mono AM/FM radio. They also had a full kit for AM/FM stereo, that included everything needed, and a kit for AM/FM stereo without the brackets, and bonding straps etc.

1980-1982 ALL radios were optional. So you would need this kit to install a AM mono, or AM/FM mono radio if your truck was not equipped from the factory.

1983/UP  the AM mono radio was standard factory equipment, so the parts from this kit were already installed, and no longer needed.

------------------------

The Dealer would keep swapped factory radios for future use, as well as being able to order the radio chassis new.

The Dealer could also order Ford Replica radios made by aftermarket retailers such as Clarion, as well.

Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.
Reply | Threaded
|

dionden
If you look at the 80 & 81 pick up brochure, there are no trucks displayed with an antenna.
I wonder if that kit came with a complete cowl with a hole for the antenna or did they drill out the existing cowl.
I have one of those cowls without a hole, was thinking on installing it. But I kinda like the antenna, it shows me how smooth/rough the engine is running.
A ground strap from cowl to hood plus an ignition cap, if you got the radio.
1981 F150 4x2 C6 Flareside 302
1986 F150 4x2 Flareside T170RTS 302 Efi

Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer
They would drill the hole in the existing cowl and add the antenna.

There was also a plug that covered the hole in the cowl if the buyer wanted to delete the radio for credit.
Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.