Bullnose Forum

Long lost Ford

Do you know the VIN?

If so you run a CARFAX and at least find some information.

Possible to get clues as to where it is most recently or heaven forbid, it is no longer with us.

Just a thought...Mike.

This is exactly how I found my truck - same situation as your friend.

This is exactly how I found my truck - same situation as your friend.

Florida's DMV website has a free "Motor Vehicle Check" feature that allows you to input a vin number or title number to check the status of a vehicle. It's a good way to tell whether a car is currently titled or if it has been destroyed. But after a quick check of the Texas DMV website, I'm not seeing the same feature.

Florida's DMV website has a free "Motor Vehicle Check" feature that allows you to input a vin number or title number to check the status of a vehicle. It's a good way to tell whether a car is currently titled or if it has been destroyed. But after a quick check of the Texas DMV website, I'm not seeing the same feature.

I'll pass that along. Good suggestions. Now if I can only remember to subscribe to threads lol

I'll pass that along. Good suggestions. Now if I can only remember to subscribe to threads lol

Do they happen to know where in Houston its been seen? Houston is quite large. I know I never seen a 80-86 truck fitting that description but I have seen quite a few though but they are all shades of brown.

the DMV here in Texas as far as I know doesn't have that ability without calling them. You can call them on email them with either a plate number or possibly a vin number and get some information. But it requires the vehicle to have been registered in Texas in the last 10 years as I was informed that after 10 years they purge vehicle information from the system.