classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Leftover parts from my serpentine belt swap

Pete Whitstone
Hi all, I have all this stuff available:

This came off an 81 351W. Compressor is essentially brand new, but I really wouldn't wish a York unit on anyone... maybe useful as a core. Not sure how much of the bracketry is stock and how much is home made, a lot of it doesn't have a "factory" feel to it.

Probably the most useful thing is the Powermaster alternator, basically a bolt on for a V-belt system.

All free for shipping if there is any interest.
81 F150 Flareside, Edelbrock Pro Flow4 FI, hydraulic roller 351W, E4OD, 4x4, BW1356
92 F150 RCLB 351W E40D BW1356 mostly stock
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Leftover parts from my serpentine belt swap

Rembrant
Pete Whitstone wrote
Probably the most useful thing is the Powermaster alternator, basically a bolt on for a V-belt system.

All free for shipping if there is any interest.
I know in my area, the carbed SBF timing covers are still fairly sought after.

Are you still carbed? What are you running for a fuel pump now?
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Pete Whitstone
Yes, still carbed. The lack of a boss for the mechanical fuel pump on the '95 timing chain cover took me by surprise, although if I would have thought about it harder it shouldn't have. I was halfway through the swap before I realized I would have to switch to an electric pump. I got a Mr Gasket unit that was basically a knock-off of the Holley Mighty Mite pump and wired it in.

I do have an Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 sitting here on my office floor though, so I will be FI in a few months hopefully.
81 F150 Flareside, Edelbrock Pro Flow4 FI, hydraulic roller 351W, E4OD, 4x4, BW1356
Reply | Threaded
|

66gtk
This is kind and generous of you.  I would love to have the alternator and will gladly pay you shipping costs.  Kindly send me a private message for address and payment info.

Thanks!
Troy  
'83 F150 XL Shortbox California
302 (EEC-III), AOD, 3.55 - stock original drivetrain
Reply | Threaded
|

dennisb
In reply to this post by Pete Whitstone

Thanks for the offer but I think I need a mod to accomodate the lack of the smog pump mount, I know they exist but can't find one.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pete Whitstone
Not sure I understand, are you running a smog pump? My truck was not so if you're not, then you should just need that alternator bracket.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dan Crowley
In reply to this post by Pete Whitstone
Hi Pete, do yo still have the compressor? If so I would like to have it Shipped to 02346
Dan Crowley
Reply | Threaded
|

Pete Whitstone
Hi Dan, I do still have it, I will check into shipping. It has gotten ridiculously expensive lately, so you might not want to pay it, but I'll try to find out a cost this week.

I tried 2 different York 2-piston compressors, with both the V-belt developed this weird vibration/oscillation that stretched the belts and destroyed them within a couple hours. I got this compressor because I thought the first must surely be defective, but this one acted exactly the same, so I kind of doubt I got 2 duds in a row. Everyone I talk to just says these are horrible compressors, so I hope you can make it work for you but I have given up on them.  
Reply | Threaded
|

RenoHuskerDu
Jeepers and other 4wheelers used to like that York as an engine-driven air compressor for onboard air systems.  But I'm not current on the latest trends of 4wheeling anymore.

FYI
Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pete Whitstone
In reply to this post by Dan Crowley
Dan, the emails I am sending you might not be getting through, so I am trying from the forum. Shipping charges came to $55.91, you can paypal or venmo to my email address. Thanks!