Instrument Cluster Bezel

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Instrument Cluster Bezel

Tarheel Blue
Does anyone know if replacement lenses are available for all of the positions on the top row? Or even better, has anyone had a printing company make new ones?
Kurt K
'85 XLT Lariat, 4.9L, NP435, 3.08LS, DSII, 130a 3G, PMGR, '87 MC, P235/R75
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Instrument Cluster Bezel

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't know of any replacements, but we discussed making our own starting with this post in Big Blue's Transformation.  Maybe you can perfect it?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
In reply to this post by Tarheel Blue
Have not seen any.  your best bet is to source a NOS bezel and if its not the same as your bezel you could carefully remove the inserts and transfer them over.  It is what I thought of doing for my truck as my headlight and windshield lenses are scratched good.  I didnt want to mess with cutting a non air basket weave dash bezel for my dealer A/C vents and drilling a hole for my alarm LED light.

Draw back is finding a NOS piece that isnt expensive.  I found a horn assembly NOS with cruise but guy wants $500.  Im not paying $500 just to get a nice woodgrain pattern.  Ill pull the plastic section out and have a wood grain pattern wrap installed for $100 before I spend that much.
"Old Blue" - '56 Fairlane Town Sedan - 292-4V, Ford-O-Matic transmission, 3.22:1
'63 Belair 2dr sdn - 283-4V, Powerglide transmission, 4.56:1
'78 Cougar XR7 - 351-2V, FMX transmission, 2.75:1 9inch
"Bruno" - '82 F150 Flareside - 302-2V, C6 transmission, 2.75:1 9inch, 31x10.50-15 BFG KO2
Reply | Threaded
|

dionden
Any particular ones or are you looking for a bezel?
1981 F150 4x2 C6 Flareside 302
1986 F150 4x2 Flareside T170RTS 302 Efi

Reply | Threaded
|

Tarheel Blue
Mine are basically in pretty good shape (2 different bezels) I was more thinking of creating films that would be more suited to my individual truck.

For instance, where i think the 4X4 lens would be on the far right, I was thinking of making one that says OVERDRIVE and on the far left one that says CRUISE.
Obviously, I'll have to figure out how to wire the lights up properly, but that's the direction I'm headed.

I'm searching into whether or not I can buy different colored film that will play nice with my printer or if I need to let the pros do the printing for me. If I end up needing to do the later, I'll be asking if anyone wants/ needs some printed up for them as I'm guessing there will be an economy of scale situation.
Kurt K
'85 XLT Lariat, 4.9L, NP435, 3.08LS, DSII, 130a 3G, PMGR, '87 MC, P235/R75
Reply | Threaded
|

dionden
I am sure that will help us "all" if you do so.
cheers!
1981 F150 4x2 C6 Flareside 302
1986 F150 4x2 Flareside T170RTS 302 Efi

Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
Tarheel Blue wrote
Mine are basically in pretty good shape (2 different bezels) I was more thinking of creating films that would be more suited to my individual truck.

For instance, where i think the 4X4 lens would be on the far right, I was thinking of making one that says OVERDRIVE and on the far left one that says CRUISE.
Obviously, I'll have to figure out how to wire the lights up properly, but that's the direction I'm headed.

I'm searching into whether or not I can buy different colored film that will play nice with my printer or if I need to let the pros do the printing for me. If I end up needing to do the later, I'll be asking if anyone wants/ needs some printed up for them as I'm guessing there will be an economy of scale situation.
Interesting idea.  I played around with that before but that was before I found out about the Dakota Digital clusters that use analog gauges their VHX and now their RTX series.  They give you so much more indicator wise such as cruise control active indicator or check engine lights for example.

But I also know that isnt a viable option for everyone due to the price set of those clusters.  I dont know if there is a printer that is offered that could print these tabs out.
"Old Blue" - '56 Fairlane Town Sedan - 292-4V, Ford-O-Matic transmission, 3.22:1
'63 Belair 2dr sdn - 283-4V, Powerglide transmission, 4.56:1
'78 Cougar XR7 - 351-2V, FMX transmission, 2.75:1 9inch
"Bruno" - '82 F150 Flareside - 302-2V, C6 transmission, 2.75:1 9inch, 31x10.50-15 BFG KO2