Holley carb

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Holley carb

HauntedDude
So my 1985 Bronco has a Holley 8105B card. That's no good.....no? Should I switch it  back to a 4180?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Holley carb

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Do you have a good 4180???
Because emissions compliant carbs are expensive and hard to come by without a core.

I ran a 0-80457-S 600 cfm Holley on my truck for years and really liked it!
I gave it to another member for their '79 Ranchero a while back.

If you don't have all the emissions, like the charcoal canisters and associated vacuum valves and switches I would forget about a 4180 and go with a generic Holley or Edelbrock in the 5-600 cfm range, or the Summit branded Autolite clone.

They're all good carbs for a pickup or Bronco.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I'm running a Holley 80457s on my bronco as it is extremely simple and when I built the engine, I built it as stripped down as possible. great option!
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I think it works well on Nick & George's Ranchero as well.

Gary likes the Summit/Autolite because it has a lid, and for some reason he can't get float bowls to keep from leaking....

The 80467-S is pretty much a drop in replacement, though I don't know about a kickdown linkage if you have an automatic.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
it definitely has the linkage for the kickdown rod but I'm using the add on aod attachment on mine.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Yes, I know it comes set up for a C6 style rod, but I haven't used it, so I can't say how "drop in" it is in that application

Im just hedging where I'm unsure, because I don't want to mislead the OP who's asking about a Bronco, which likely is an auto.

Holley has sold boatloads of these, I'd imagine they have it right or you'd see complaints all over the Internet.
 Jim,