Hello, new member

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello, new member

abronson47
I'm Austin, I'm a new member here. I joined for the information and community for my newly acquired truck. It's a red 1985 F-250 XLT Lariat, 460, 4x4 with the T-19 transmission, LWB Regular cab and A LOT of chrome trim. The interior is also red (a lot of red, I know), and it has 86,000 original miles. It's all stock as far as I can tell. There's a few rust spots but nothing that can't be fixed. It's in good shape, but I want to shape it to fit what I want it to be. I've always wanted one but never dared to face the project due to my limited knowledge in the mechanics world, but after some long conversations with myself, I've decided I want to tackle to project. I learned how to be an electrician, I can learn how turn wrenches on an old carbureted vehicle too haha. You only live once, may was well spend it doing what you want to do! I look forward to learning from y'all!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello, new member

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Austin!  Glad you joined.  

Your truck appears to be a twin of mine, save for the color - mine's blue.  Or, maybe I should say yours is a twin of what mine was originally since mine has been transformed into something different.

Anyway, we can help you with your planning and with your wrenching.  And, by the way, there is surely going to be some electrical work along the way, so those skills of yours will be right at home.

Speaking of home, where is that?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.  Who knows, you may be next door to someone on here.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

jdavidsmi
Welcome, so much knowledge here. Ask the questions and someone on here knows the answer. By the way there’s no dumb questions.
David
David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by abronson47
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I'm guessing that you are much younger than me Haha. Let me just say that I love seeing younger people get involved in this type of thing. "You only live once" makes you sound like a millennial.
there is so much value in knowing how to actually do things and it has been a lost art for a while. good for you for your positive attitude! you can! who would stop you?
as said earlier, ask any questions as none are stooopid. if we don't know, we may learn together in the search for the answer, and all watching will learn too.