Hello new friends.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello new friends.

Sim84F350
I have been snooping around here and gleaning from the edges for awhile now.
Last week I finally flew to AZ (from MI) to sit in the seat of my "new" 1984 F-350.  I have owned this truck for almost a year and hadnt even seen it in the flesh. MY cousin (a Phoenix local) was my hands and feet in the purchase and the truck has been parked at his ranch property an hour or so north of the valley.
I have owned a motley collection of ford trucks through the years but Ive always wanted and never owned one of this body style.
The truck left the canadian plant as a cab only,heavy one ton rear wheel drive with a 6.9 international and a 4 speed manual.
I purchased it from the second owner (of only 2 or 3 years) now sporting a shortened frame, 8ft bed (correct to vintage), Dana 70 closed knuckle front axle with a divorced 205 transfer case(NOT correct to vintage OR brand!). It is lifted some and wearing 35's (ish). The 6.9 has been brought to life with a Banks sidewinder.
There are a number of other custom modifications that I will try to get into later on...
Back to last week. I spent two days crawling around it making a short list of issues and items that might cause grief on an 1800 mile trip home, and then concluded that i would just wing it and fix it as the needs came up.  Three days later and another 1800 mile on the odometer, we pulled in the driveway of her new home in MI.
With the keys in hand i decided it was finally time to join the club.
Thanks for having me!
Sim.
p.s. I am super low tec and cant figure out how to get the image part of this operation going. hang in there and i'll figure it out eventually!
Sim
1984 F-350 4x4 6.9 international, standard transmission,
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello new friends.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Sim!  Glad you joined.  

Sounds like a really interesting truck!  I'm looking forward to seeing the pics, so go to Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's in the menu and the writeup there should help.

Speaking of the menu, go to Bullnose Forum/Member's Map and you'll see our map.  We can add you with a city.

Glad your new-to-you truck made it home.  That's quite a jaunt, so lots of things could have happened.  Glad they didn't.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello new friends.

grumpin
In reply to this post by Sim84F350
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona