Hello all!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello all!

BullnoseBill
Hello Everyone! My name is Bill and I just joined the group. I am a Heavy equipment tech by trade and have been a bullnose enthusiast for 22 years now ever since my grandfather bought me a $500 retired oregon state police truck an 85 short wide F150 4x4 auto 351w when I was 17. 3 engines 2 transfer cases and 4 9" rear ends later its safe to say i had gotten to know them pretty well. i owned that truck for 19 years and for more than half of them it was my daily driver and full time toy all over the willamette valley here in Oregon. When it was finally time to move on (had kids and needed back seats) i had grown to love it so much that i wanted another bullnose and after almost a year of searching for the right one i found "Toro" the 86 F250 Lariat Wesoch camper special that i have now. Toro spent most of its life in a barn in southwest washington with a blown up engine and a 10' S&S camper on it. after being saved and brought back to life by a previous owner it found its way to me in 2017 Look forward to sharing and gaining knowledge on these great trucks. Thanks  
Current ride Aka "Toro" 86 F250 Ext cab Lariat 4x4 4spd 4.10 ratio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello all!

jdavidsmi
Welcome aboard, there is a load of information and help here, and people willing to share. That’s a good looking truck.
David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by BullnoseBill
Hello, Bill!  Glad you joined.  

Nice looking trucks!  And Toro looks especially capable.  But what is the "Wesoch" bit?  I'd guess it is a dealer or regional package that includes the tape stripe.

Anyway, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city or zip.

Now, over to your starting problem...
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseBill
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hey Gary. Yes Toro is definitely capable. I pulled that load down the freeway at 70mph with the cruise set for 40 miles with no problem. The wesoch bit I was referring to was a camper special option that included the stripe, the wheels, heavier sway bars front and rear, adjustable overload leafs, frame mounted camper tie downs, a telescoping rear bumper that pulls out to I believe 4’ to allow towing with the camper on, and running boards that are no longer on. 20 years of barn life kept the interior like a time capsule and it only has 120k original miles. Very lucky to have landed this one. Thanks for the compliment!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sounds like quite the truck.  I know Big Blue pulled my car-hauler trailer easily and he has 3.55 gears.  So I'd bet those 4.10 gears make it even easier.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseBill
Did you do the ZF5 swap on Big blue? If so what all was needed besides the trans and a new clutch. I have a trans and transfer case out of a 91 F350 and have been wanting to swap out the T19 for a while but I want to gather everything I need first to reduced down time. Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I did do the ZF5 swap.  It takes a different clutch as the input shaft is larger, and the easiest way to change the clutch is to get a whole "kit" of clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, and throwout bearing.  And you need the taller transmission cover for the floor.

It is best to have the ZF5 crossmember and the associated gussets that go up to the top of the frame.  But you can redrill the frame and move the existing crossmember back ~3/4" to get the job done if you want to.

But your existing transfer case will work.  It'll bolt right up to the ZF5.  And you should be able to use the existing driveshafts.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Bill!    You've got your hands on a nice looking truck.

I don't think I've ever seen a four foot telescoping rear bumper.
It must be something substantial to allow towing while extended!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.