Harbor Freight Jackstand Recall

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Harbor Freight Jackstand Recall

ratdude747
https://www.thedrive.com/news/33572/harbor-freight-recalls-jack-stands-that-could-suddenly-collapse?fbclid=IwAR2JkuAE5rFM_ndLYexvxHkBr9vTz3toaI70JGv-r7-EXvyeeXChA3hUX14

I have 3 pairs... will check them when I get home. All bought in the date range.

Never had an issue, but I'd rather not be proven wrong in the worst way.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Harbor Freight Jackstand Recall

grumpin
Thank you! Good info. Going to have to check my numbers, can’t remember when I bought them.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I have two pr. 6T  and a pr of 3T that are all affected.
Check that little yellow model number!

IDK how I feel about this...
I mean they're not just swapping them out for safe ones. (Horrid Fate likely don't have near enough good product to replace a decades worth of jack stands)

I've got to stop using tools I need.
I've got to bring them back to the store.
I get store credit, not cash to go buy safe stands somewhere else.
You offer me a 20% single item coupon, with the same limitations and exclusions that I can find on your website EVERY DAY?

That last one REALLY frosts me!
Just apologize, thank me for my cooperation, say 'sorry I can't help make it better'

Holding that out, like it's ANY reconciliation is a crappy move Eric Schmidt!
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Yeah, I would like to get another pair of the combos I bought, bottle jack and stand in one, with cash from defective ones, if I have them.

Probably will anyway and buy something else at HF.
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I have one pair or 6t and two pair of 3t, none of which are included in the recall. I know one pair of 3t is probably from 2008 or so, but I don't think I bought the 6t that long ago, so assumed they would be part, but the item number doesn't match. Guess I'll wait to see if they eventually include it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Whisler
I have a pair of 3 ton that are in the recall: just removed them from service. Thanks for the tip.
God Bless
Whisler

Frankenstein: 1989 F250 4X4, C-6, Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter, carbed '84 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Edlbrock AVS, DS2 ignition, 3G alternator, JBA shorty headers, no cats, dual exhaust with H pipe.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by salans7
Shaun, HF buy from different factories.

I'm assuming your 6T have the little plastic cap on the handle?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Shaun, HF buy from different factories.

I'm assuming your 6T have the little plastic cap on the handle?
 I believe they do. And you're correct, mine are probably from the factory that didn't screw up.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Looking back at the pictures of changing my front shackles (and how high the truck was cantilevered over those stands at full extension) gives me pause.

I don't care one bit about dying, but being crushed and maimed is unsettling.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Had to laugh at myself. Looked at my jack stands and they’re not HF, got them from my family as a gift way before 2013.

Remembered when I saw them. Still would like to get two more combos though.
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
None of my six 3T ones were affected. The oldest pair I've had for about 7 years; the most recent pair, 1.5 years. No issues to complain about; they work great.

From the pics I've seen, it looks like they changed designs but some how got old/new bases and cast uppers mixmatched... they fit together just good enough for nobody to notice until 7 years later. OOPS!

(I work in manufacturing... this sort of goof is not unheard of, and an absolute nightmare when it does happen).
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).