Fuel lines

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fuel lines

smitty67
Has anyone converted OE quick connect fuel lines on a 1986 f150 to AN fittings and if so can you post the proceedure with pics?????
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fuel lines

NZCOBRA
Hi smitty , I havent done it either , but in the future i may have to upgrade my fuel pumps . If you want to go to dash 6 off the sender you may need to either find a adapter , Russel fittings have some ? , or sweat on,like easyflow,  a fitting -6 male , onto the feed and return from the low pressure pump / sender . Cheers .
1986 F150 Lariat Supercab 302 efi , soon to have a 385 ci w , forged crank,king bearings , crower billet rods, Auto tech forged pistons world products Snr heads , Comp retro fit 35-421-8 HR, steel roller lifters , Milodon single idle gear drive , Mallory dual sync dissy ,Motec ECU , Profesional products intake , 75 mm TB , 40lb EV1  , Doug thorly Tri-y long tubes , Block 1974 with 1990 serpentine front drive  and new Motorcraft A/C pump , will put 3G alternator on it , ford racing diff cover and have a new track-loc , to fit .  I have converted it to a 5 speed Tremec TR4250 as the AOD died .
Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
In reply to this post by smitty67
I forgot to add look towards the 5.0 fox mustang crowd they love their HP and should be plenty of crossover fuel line upgrades .  copy and paste below just one example .

Safely and securely connect your Mustang or Ford Lightning fuel lines with this Russell -6 AN Male x 1/4 SAE Quick-Disconnect Female Fitting!
1986 F150 Lariat Supercab 302 efi , soon to have a 385 ci w , forged crank,king bearings , crower billet rods, Auto tech forged pistons world products Snr heads , Comp retro fit 35-421-8 HR, steel roller lifters , Milodon single idle gear drive , Mallory dual sync dissy ,Motec ECU , Profesional products intake , 75 mm TB , 40lb EV1  , Doug thorly Tri-y long tubes , Block 1974 with 1990 serpentine front drive  and new Motorcraft A/C pump , will put 3G alternator on it , ford racing diff cover and have a new track-loc , to fit .  I have converted it to a 5 speed Tremec TR4250 as the AOD died .
Reply | Threaded
|

smitty67
Thanks for the info!