Front bearing nuts

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Front bearing nuts

old55pete
I saw a post ether here or somewhere else about when changing from the auto lock front hubs to the manuel front hubs that the bearing nuts need to be changed also. If someone could shed some light on this, it would be a great help. As I was moving my bronco to a different spot I heard a noise from the left front hub. I took it apart and found broken pieces. Im thinking I am going to change them over to Warren hubs but don't want to have to take them apart twice because I dident change a six dollar part
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Front bearing nuts

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Which Warn hubs do you want?
Either way, the nut kit is the same.

150 & Bronco '66-'96

Premium.   #20990
Standard.    #9790

Nut conversion kit (for automatic three hole cap screws)  #32720
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
Gonna go with the better ones. I have the 20990 ordered from Summet. I saw the spindle nut kit and ordered it too. Question has to be is whats the difference between these nuts and the stock ones? The appear to be the same and still use the four pin spanner socket
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Not surprising, Gary has this well documented.

I recall, because he was having trouble getting the old ones off, until I pointed out there was a second snap ring he didn't notice beneath the grease.

I have the premiums on my 44HD and am very happy with them.  👍
They seem a bit stiff, but that's a lot better than the passenger side constantly locking itself.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.