Found a (build?) tag under the hood

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Found a (build?) tag under the hood

RenoHuskerDu
This tag was wired onto on a fender bolt up near the LF battery tray, about to fall off. I cleaned it up a bit. It seems to be painted in the predominant color of the truck.

Anybody know how to decipher the info on the tag?

Christmas presents for the Bullnose included some LED headlights. I'll post a review after a few days.

Merry Christmas to all !

Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Found a (build?) tag under the hood

salans7
Only thing I can pull right away is the A58265 which is the sequence of assembly for your truck, and then the 8G 9N or 8Q 9N should be the color of the truck.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I don't know anyone but Marti that is an authority on buck tags.

Kevin was talking about coming out with a book that would help decode them.
https://www.martiauto.com/tags.cfm
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by RenoHuskerDu
RenoHuskerDu wrote
This tag was wired onto on a fender bolt up near the LF battery tray, about to fall off. I cleaned it up a bit. It seems to be painted in the predominant color of the truck.

Anybody know how to decipher the info on the tag?
These tags are usually attached to the cab near the hinge...or at least that is where I've seen them. There is a matching/corresponding tag attached to the bed as well. Mine was on the lower front corner on the RH side.

I have never seen anything that decodes them, but I bet if you compared with the build sheet you'd find out what each thing denotes.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

RenoHuskerDu
>if you compared with the build sheet you'd find out what each thing denotes.

Welp, we did find a build sheet recently...but that was under the hood insulation of our 89 Bricknose. This 86 Bullnose was originally from Cali farm country and it's rolled up a lot of miles in two states over 33 years. If we find a build sheet on this Bullnose it'll be another miracle.

Do you suppose this Bricknose build sheet could help decode the Bullnose tag?

Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
If you want it decoded (and maybe even reproduced) Kevin Marti is your guy.

He has access to all the factory records.
Has the original tooling the buck tags were made on.
Can make you a door sticker, give you ALL the details, whatever....
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

RenoHuskerDu
Could be the same Marti that Furd referred me to when I asked them for Cab to Axle on a 1999 F-550.  Turned out he doesn't have that data. I had to call Furd back and ask them again. The guy at Marti sounded on the ball but said Furd shoulda known he didn't buy that data.

The second call to Furd I landed a person with a functioning brain. She actually called me back 2 days later.  60" C2A. But by then I'd found the information on FTE.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It absolutely is.

He (they) will make the tags, with proof that you actually have the vehicle.

Does more stuff for 'Stangs, T-birds and Cougars, but can definitely accomodate F-series and Bronco's.
 Jim,