classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Factory Five 33 Ford Pickup Hotrod

Ray Cecil
DROOL OVER THIS

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Factory Five 33 Ford Pickup Hotrod

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I don't drool too much over plastic, but if kit cars are your thing....
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I don't drool too much over plastic, but if kit cars are your thing....
I don't have a problem with the plastic, but what I'm not a fan of is the current trend of chopping everything up and slamming it to the ground. Most will claim that it is all done for handling purposes, but it is not...it is purely a stance thing. It's about being low. It's why people with lowered vehicles also slouch very low in the seat when they're driving them...lol. However, we all have difference and unique tastes, and that's a good thing. For ever single guy that tells me I need to lower my truck and slam it to the ground, I get another guy that loves it just the way it is, in it's 80's style.

But back to the kit car/truck. I'm into it 100%, but the vehicle would have to be to my taste. I've love a restomod vintage or classic...even a Bullnose, with modern suspension, electronics, rack and pinion steering, etc...I just wouldn't want it lowered to the ground with giant wheels tucked into the fenders...lol.

I'd rock the blue '35 above, as long as I could lift it off the ground and add some nice wheels and tires that gave it more of a look like it was hotrodded in the 60's, 70's, or 80's.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
If you want low, look at their GT40 kit....
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
ArdWrknTrk wrote
If you want low, look at their GT40 kit....
Ha...I don't want low, heck I don't even want level...that's something else I'm not into...lol.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Well shoot. I figured a completely engineered "Ford" street rod truck would be a little better received.

Im with Cory, Im not big into low stuff....but....this street rod would be HIGH on the fun factor. I bet Old Grumpy Jim would even have a smile on his face rippin'on this thing through town.

This street rod truck kit would be awesome with some lifted suspension and some skinny knobbies.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
This post was updated on .
I dont have the,  200,000 to 1,000,000  + for the real Mc Coy, but  it does give people a chance to own a toy .because real  is unobtainum .  It's good to have a screaming Windsor  🤗
Ray Cecil wrote
Well shoot. I figured a completely engineered "Ford" street rod truck would be a little better received.

Im with Cory, Im not big into low stuff....but....this street rod would be HIGH on the fun factor. I bet Old Grumpy Jim would even have a smile on his face rippin'on this thing through town.

This street rod truck kit would be awesome with some lifted suspension and some skinny knobbies.
1986 F150 Lariat Supercab 302 efi , soon to have a 385 ci w , forged crank,king bearings , crower billet rods, Auto tech forged pistons world products Snr heads , Comp retro fit 35-421-8 HR, steel roller lifters , Milodon single idle gear drive , Mallory dual sync dissy ,Motec ECU , Profesional products intake , 75 mm TB , 40lb EV1  , Doug thorly Tri-y long tubes , Block 1974 with 1990 serpentine front drive  and new Motorcraft A/C pump , will put 3G alternator on it , ford racing diff cover and have a new track-loc , to fit .  I have converted it to a 5 speed Tremec TR4250 as the AOD died .
Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
And the other problem , if every single person in the world liked the same thing  80-86 bullnose trucks , there wouldnt be many to go around .
It would be boring .😐 , even in the very early days people made cars and now those are "specials " , my 02c
1986 F150 Lariat Supercab 302 efi , soon to have a 385 ci w , forged crank,king bearings , crower billet rods, Auto tech forged pistons world products Snr heads , Comp retro fit 35-421-8 HR, steel roller lifters , Milodon single idle gear drive , Mallory dual sync dissy ,Motec ECU , Profesional products intake , 75 mm TB , 40lb EV1  , Doug thorly Tri-y long tubes , Block 1974 with 1990 serpentine front drive  and new Motorcraft A/C pump , will put 3G alternator on it , ford racing diff cover and have a new track-loc , to fit .  I have converted it to a 5 speed Tremec TR4250 as the AOD died .
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
NZCOBRA wrote
And the other problem , if every single person in the world liked the same thing  80-86 bullnose trucks , there wouldnt be many to go around .
It would be boring .😐 , even in the very early days people made cars and now those are "specials " , my 02c
Yup. Im glad not everyone has the same tastes.

There is a flareside for sale in louisville. 2wd, 4 speed, 300i6....but the owner slammed it, bilet grill, shaved door handles, stupid chrome 20" wheels.....I just cant stand to even look at it.

Factory Five Racing makes awesome kit cars. I really want to build their Daytona Coupe one day.

Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
This post was updated on .
Hi Ray , the good thing about a replica , is as you build it , with a son or by yourself ,you will learn how to make things  ,( some still under the bench) and gain really good skills ,or  you can do the,  buy everything way , you have the freedom to make it the way you want it , if you have lots of money it can it can have that all alloy FE "shelby" (more in the cobra or GT40)  , there's another guy, Shelby , that mixed and matched some engines and car body's , And a funny thing over here anyway,is guys will build 32-34 hotrod fiberglass,  much the same as Cobra replicas , but at a car show , The Kit car  Hotrods will be judged as a real hotrods , there wont be a class for a replica Cobra ! . Had mine 27 years made it twice after someone didn't yield .Giveway over here. 10.91@ 127mph on 4 barrel efi , as you can see from pic i made the stone guards and mesh screens , the 3" offset drive dissy , the header tank the headers , the s/s fuel tank the roll bar , the throttle mechanism cant see it , polished the valve covers and made the oil fill and welded it in  , etc etc    Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Sounds very impressive!
Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
Cheers , its a lot of fun , it will look good sitting on a car trailer with the Supercap hitched up , ready for a trip to the Drag strip . 🖒