Electric fuel pump

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Electric fuel pump

IowaTom
Guys - I'd appreciate a recommendation for an electric "clicky-clacky" for my F150's Carter YF knock-off.  I'm planning on moving the location of my pump - back to near the tank, since my 300 six doesn't have a provision for a mechanical one.

Right now I'm using the little, red Edelbrock that delivers 2-3 lbs and the previous owner mounted it just under the carb.

My truck doesn't like hills.  My gas filter is good, compression is great and I think I'm okay with timing.  Leads me to believe I could use a few more pounds of pressure from a dependable pump.  Thanks!
'85 F150 XLT 4X4 with 300 c.i. six & NP435 four speed.
'63 Studebaker Avanti - 350/TH350
'59 Rambler Super - OHV 6 with 3-speed OD
'58 Studebaker Scotsman sedan - 289 with 3-speed OD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Electric fuel pump

IowaTom
Maybe this one?

http://tinyurl.com/fnorpish
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I like this pump. I have used it on at least two trucks and a couple cars. I even used on my previous engine run stand. only one comment but not a complaint. you WILL hear it. I currently have it on my build at the moment and its mounted practically under the driver's seat. actually, on the inside of the frame rail about where the dual tank selector valve would go. it's at a low point to reduce prime time and far enough back to have it push more than pull. so far, I have not needed a regulator, but I mostly use Holley carbs.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
In reply to this post by IowaTom
Those Edelbrocks are junk. I sell them and will tell people not to use them as a main pump. I had one once and it lasted about a day. Personally I prefer a mechanical, but if you can't use one you can't. The Holley Red and Blue are good pumps. A bit pricey and ridiculously loud but they last. I'm guessing you don't have a return system?
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

IowaTom
Thank you, Guys.
No, I don't have a return line to the tank - but you've convinced me to replace the little red pump pronto!