classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dinner On Friday, Sept 2nd

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There will be a dinner for all forum members and guests the night before the show, meaning Friday night Sept 2nd.  Please let me know how many can make it.  The dinner will be at the Skiatook Church Of Christ, which is where the show itself will be, and that is at 1900 W. Rogers Blvd, Skiatook.

We will start eating at 6:00, but will be setting up at least by 5:00, so feel free to come on by and talk, help, or whatever.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dinner On Friday, Sept 2nd

ratdude747
I'll be there (assuming work doesn't pull a fast one on me). Not sure on my wife.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
She'll be with me as well.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

taskswap
Hey Gary is this going to keep being a yearly thing? I've got my eldest going off to college this fall so this summer got tied up in planning that, but I'd love to connect with everyone next year...
--
1981 F-250 Custom. 6.6L V8, 4 barrel Holley carb, ARA aftermarket A/C.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Larry - Good!

taskswap - Yes, it is an annual thing.  We have been doing it for the last 8 years according to David/1986F150Six.  Initially it was late in September but there were some suggestions that we move it to the Labor Day weekend, which we've done for the last few years.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
  We have been doing it for the last 8 years according to David/1986F150Six.  Initially it was late in September but there were some suggestions that we move it to the Labor Day weekend, which we've done for the last few years.
2014 Okie GTG - Saturday, Sept 13th

Old 08-14-2014, 10:39 AM

Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Offer
Here's an offer from David/1986F150six:
Years ago, I discovered an old van behind what had been a rural Ford dealership from the 50's to the 80's and then closed. The original owner's two sons still own the place and allowed me to explore. In the van were many hub caps, most NOS which unfortunately were exposed to the elements for way too long. The sons told me that when new vehicles were delivered, the hub caps were inside the vehicle, to be installed after delivery. Their dad [the dealership owner] would often upgrade to full wheel covers for additional profit and the dog dish hubcaps would be placed in a box [to be found 50 years later, by me].

I retrieved a number of boxes and have some really "rusty/crusty" dog dish caps from the 1955, 1956 and 1957 era.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
So that's when we started? 2014? I know that I was the OK chapter leader for several years on FTE and had several chapter GTG's. But I apparently set this forum up on Aug 04, 2017 and the GTG's after that were "All-Ford" and not FTE.

Come to think of it, the GTG in 2017 might have been one of the "straws that broke the camel's back". FTE said I couldn't have a non-FTE GTG.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
The first time I came was 2014, but if memory serves me correctly, Chris TuButis had been at your home prior to that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think you are right. So the shows or GTG’s may have started in 2013. Almost 10 years!

And speaking of “the home”, due to COVID we aren’t having people in our home this year. We have a major vacation right after the show so don’t dare get sick.

Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
I will definitely be at the show, but probably not dinner the night before.  Between time-off limitations at work and a side trip up into Kansas, I may be in Skiatook only on Saturday.

If things change I will certainly let you know!
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Matthew.  Hope you can make it Friday night, but glad you at least will make it on Saturday.

What part of my home state of Kansas are you going to?

Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
I'm headed up to the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson KS.  Supposedly they have an excellent collection of Nazi-era and Soviet space artifacts, I've been wanting to visit for ages.  I'd considered it last time I was there, but for whatever reason decided against it.  
Matthew
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  I hadn't heard of that place.  It says they have "A complete set of Germany’s “Vengeance” weapons: V-1 (“buzz bomb”) and V-2 rocket".  I didn't know that's what the "V" stood for.

Have fun!

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
I’ve been to that in Hutchinson. It is great.

They’re known for restoring NASA space items. They were restoring the Apollo 13 capsule when I was there.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
The other reason for going is that, despite my grandparents having lived less than an hour away from Kansas my entire life, I've never been there.  That will make #43 out of 50 states, leaving only ND, SD, NE, MN, WI, IA, and RI to go.
Matthew
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Kansas is thought to be F.L.A.T.  But that's not really true.  The SE corner of the state has the Flint Hills, which are rolling like huge waves on the ocean.  And there's a spot in the SC part of the state called the Badlands.

My home town, Arkansas City, sits on the Arkansas River on the west and the Walnut on the east.  Don't be led astray, the Arkansas is pronounced Rkansaw, not Rkansas as some of the people in Wichita, and now apparently in Hutch would have you believe.  West of my home town it is flat, and east it is hilly.  So we had the best of both worlds.

But by the time you get to Hutch you'll be way out on the prairie.  F.L.A.T.

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Count me in for 3 at the dinner. Looking forward to it!
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
kramttocs wrote
Count me in for 3 at the dinner. Looking forward to it!

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
OT: I'll also be making a Kansas side trip as part of my adventure, but it'll be after the show for Labor Day. My wife hasn't seen her extended family since the pandemic (aside from Grandma, who visited us last year); I saw them back in June on the way home from a guy-only trip with them to Colorado (which I was gonna post about but never did ), but I figure she's overdue. And while it's not "close" to Skiatook, the 6 hours of driving is half of the 12 hours from home to either place.
Reply | Threaded
|

Blue_Whale
Going to try and make it to the dinner but will likely depend heavily on traffic, and how many pit-stops I have to make.
1985 F-250 XLT Lariat
2-WD 6.9 IDI
132,000 Miles
Automatic