Dana 50 to 60 swap gear recommendations

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dana 50 to 60 swap gear recommendations

Satchmono
Are there other EFI systems out there that have just one control unit for both the tranny and EFI that you are aware of?  
1985 F250 Supercab 4X4 8'bed
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dana 50 to 60 swap gear recommendations

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The Holley Terminator X Max controls both the EFI and a 4R70W transmission.  But that transmission won't bolt to a 460.  There may be others, and maybe one that does the E4OD that will bolt to a 460, but I'm not aware of any.

But I think you need to map your plan out before you start or you'll have a less than optimum system when you get done.  So if your rear gears are 3.55's you could consider a front axle with anything, as long as the hubs take your wheels, and have new gears put in to match your rear gearing.  And while you are at it have a front locker put in.

Or go with the 3.73's but, if I understand correctly, that means the later wheels will be needed, so you need to change out the rear axle as well.

Just come up with a plan, maybe bounce it off others to see if it works, and then stick to the plan.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI