classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cursor goes to beginning

BigBrother-84
Hi Gary!

Since last update of my iPhone, I have strange behaviour while typing.  My phone had fast bad battery drain, so I opted for a hard reset and re-installing everything from scratch.  Now iOS 15.4.1.

Since that, each time I insert an emoticon (or bold, or italic),  the cursor goes back to the early beginning of the whole text.
A bit annoying, have to cut-paste each time to place it at the right place.

Did you hear about this?
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cursor goes to beginning

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jeff - I hadn’t heard about that, but let me try it as I’m using 15.4.1 as well.

Well, it put it right where I had the cursor.  BUT when I tried to put a  here I saw that the cursor did go back to the beginning. And playing with it I see that I have to be careful as I touch the smiley symbol to get the list to drop down. A little bit off and the cursor goes back to the start.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cursor goes to beginning

BigBrother-84
Ok, thanks, I’ll pay attention to be very careful  when I will insert

Maybe my big fingers on a too small screen .

You’ll understand I am making test while answering.

I have to touch the smiley menu very gently near its top.

Strange that this behaviour appeared with this update

Thanks for the tip!
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.