Bullnose Forums

Cruise control clutch switch [E3TZ-9F645-B]

Pricey little thing!!! I don’t see these very often in the junkyard, but I try to remember to look. Surprisingly few trucks with manual transmissions were also equipped with cruise control. Folks doing a MT swap need this...

Yes, it is pricey. And it is needed. Wonderful if you can find them!

Correct for 1983 - 86...
I thought it was the other way around:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/749021/thumbnail/clutchsws8086.jpg

I'm pretty sure I still have both of those (if not a couple of each), so I guess I can retire early! :nabble_smiley_happy:

Not sure I understand. The advert says: Box Part # = E3TZ-9F645-B. And the catalog says that's for 1983 F-U100/350.

However, the catalog's not 100% correct. (Nor are your pics.) The 460's and diesels came out in '83 with hydraulic clutch linkages. But, the rest of the engines still had mechanical clutches for 1983 and didn't get hydro until 1984. So this switch fits 460's & diesels from 1983 - 86, and the rest of the engines from 1984 - 86.

But, if you have one of each then you are rich! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Not sure I understand. The advert says: Box Part # = E3TZ-9F645-B. And the catalog says that's for 1983 F-U100/350.

However, the catalog's not 100% correct. (Nor are your pics.) The 460's and diesels came out in '83 with hydraulic clutch linkages. But, the rest of the engines still had mechanical clutches for 1983 and didn't get hydro until 1984. So this switch fits 460's & diesels from 1983 - 86, and the rest of the engines from 1984 - 86.

But, if you have one of each then you are rich! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Oh...Beauty...

So that second plug on my clutch switch (the unused one) is for cruise?

That's handy if so...