Broken throttle cable

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Broken throttle cable

Damon Hart
Could someone please provide me with a working picture of the throttle cable{s}.  
Also, where's a good place to acquire replacement parts quickly.  Thank you again.
1986 F-250; 302 Boss, EFI.  Damon
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Broken throttle cable

mat in tn
lmc will be a good place to start. there catalogs and online catalog will get you to pictures also. order the catalog as it will be a good standard to have on hand. there may also be diagrams here in the documents section but i have not looked for this item there yet. gary should know for sure
Reply | Threaded
|

Damon Hart
I did that last night. All I could find was diesel under efi.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Look on ebay. Enter your trucks details and it should spit something out.

I just ordered a used throttle cable for an 82 bronco.
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Damon Hart
I just scoured the LMC catalog and I did find the accelerator cable, but there is still, I believe, a cable that opens up the air intake on the throttle body and whatever other components that might be in that general that I am ignorant of...
Reply | Threaded
|

Damon Hart
  One cable is the ..elerator, the other I assume is for the air.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
that is the smallest picture I have seen on here yet. however, at best there can be three cables connected at the top/front of the intake. they mount under the black umbrella cover onto the triangular base. there is a throttle cable also named the accelerator cable. it clips onto a ball stud on the throttle lever opening up the air pipes to the engine. there is often a cable piggybacked onto the throttle cable if the truck has cruise control. this piggyback cable goes through the same bracket but at a different position then continues over the brake booster to a diaphragm mounted on the driver side fender. the third possible cable will be also mounted to the throttle lever but in a for/aft position. then going down behind the engine to the driver side of the transmission. this would only be if you have the automatic with overdrive trans.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
mat in tn wrote
that is the smallest picture I have seen on here yet.

Yep! Damon, what a feat!
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Damon Hart
Does this can help?

Bronco Graveyard.

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Damon Hart
In reply to this post by BigBrother-84
I don't see a picture. I guess that would make it small.  My tech skills are not the best at times.  I don't have a speed control so I can forget about that cable. I was really needing the little one that has about a 270 degree bend in it.  I used a bit of hillbilly engineering on that.  I think that one is actually a part of the throttle body.  Thanks for the responses.  I'm sure I'll be back...

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I like those big clear photos. but I'm going to confuse you further
the top pic is the throttle/accelerator cable. yet that length will be for the 4.9 carbureted version. cross reference the part number for the specific year and engine that you have. 5.0 efi . it will be longer by about a foot or more.  the v8 carburetor cables are even shorter yet so be certain to buy one for efi 5.0/5.8
Reply | Threaded
|

Damon Hart
As long as it reaches the gas pedal.  I have bigger problems now; it looks like I may have a blown head gasket.  Blue Devil is the only thing that I can afford so it will have to work???
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I will have to. when it rains it pours huh.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
it