Brake Booster Question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Brake Booster Question

Sportinlife
I replaced my brake booster and now the brakes are super sensitive. The truck had sat for 9 years and the disks were rusty and the master cylinder and booster were both frozen. The disks have polished up ok, but the brakes are hard to deal with. Question - are valves available to modulate the vacuum to the booster? Should I just replace the disks and calipers?
Thanks a bunch.
Andy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Brake Booster Question

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Andy - Glad you joined, but you probably missed the email that asked you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then post an introduction.

We ask that of everyone since we hold everyone to the guidelines.  So it is important that you have a chance to read them, and if you go to the NMSH folder you'll see them.

So before we answer your question can you assure me that you've read the guidelines?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI