Another tailgate window threat

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Another tailgate window threat

ReneH
Hi, I have repaired my tailgate window last weekend. It works fine, so far. But while finding the error and fixing it, I have found something that looks strange to me.

I hope you can see on the image what I mean...it looks like the motor mounting plate is broken...I think if this broken I will need a new one...

there is also one of the three screws missing...by turning out another of these screws a bit, I have seen that this isn't a normal thread...do you have an idea how these screws are called, so I can search for it?
Or do you know if the motor will stay in place with only one screw, so that I can turn out one of the two left to measure it?
René's Profile

Bronco 1986 Ford Bronco XLT 302/347 stroker with 351W EEC-IV and 351W factory cam C6 gearbox. Jeep 1986 Jeep CJ7 256 I6 with T5 gearbox. Buggy 1972 HAZ Buggy 122 Ford Cologne V6
Baron 1994 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 183 V6 4-speed automatic
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Another tailgate window threat

85lebaront2
Administrator
Rene', if they are like most window regulator motor attachment fasteners, they are "self tapping" and cut their threads when they are installed. If the screw remaining is tight and no one tries to operate the window it should be ok.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Another tailgate window threat

ReneH
Hi Bill,

thanks. Ok, then I will remove one and see how I can replace the missing one...
René's Profile

Bronco 1986 Ford Bronco XLT 302/347 stroker with 351W EEC-IV and 351W factory cam C6 gearbox. Jeep 1986 Jeep CJ7 256 I6 with T5 gearbox. Buggy 1972 HAZ Buggy 122 Ford Cologne V6
Baron 1994 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 183 V6 4-speed automatic