AC help needed please

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
63 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AC help needed please

mat in tn
hose? the hoses should go through the firewall. if it or they go into the black plastic box then you may have dealer added ac and the evap could be in the dash above the glove box
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by mat in tn
mat in tn wrote
this is something I usually consider when doing a build. planning out the ac. I like to build in ac even though I personally never use it.  whichever you are going to use for the compressor is the deciding factor. if I chose a compressor for a 96 then I get all for the 96, relative to the refrigerant system. the evaporator air box is a little different, but everything fits and or can be fitted easily. the main thing is that all components fit each other and there are little chances of mis matching. they all use a cycle switch, and the comps all are two wire setup. also, when doing that you can use that vehicle's designed refrigerant and charge.
Part of the problem with using all or nothing from 1 system is at the time I did not know there were difference in the AC system between 80 - 86.
As said my parts truck (that the system came from) had a York compressor but I only had half the motor brackets. The other half and pulleys were sold with the parts truck motor before I bought it.
My truck did not have AC, motor was not even from a truck and not set up for AC.

A member was able to get me compressor brackets for the newer type compressor that would work with the GM type PS pump I was using. So at that point I had to make the 2 system work together.

The first time I got the system working I only had a issue with the low side hose from dryer to compressor and finding one that would work and I did.
Because of issues and loosing charge and then the JY compressor going bad I had to re-do the system.
If I re-used the 2 year old dryer all would have been good but I went with a new dryer and the fittings were not in the same place as the one I removed.

Because of the fittings is why the hose sat higher and the hood would hit it when closed.
I was able to bend the fitting so the hose cleared the hood and the system is working.
We do what we have to do to get it to work!
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
absolutely! and you got it done. that is the job really. an education was the reward. we truck owners and fixers are wide ranging from the wood hauler/trash truck to the Sunday only show truck. all are great in my mind. and that is fantastic example of this forum and why it interests me so much. I learned here and expect to often and these open discussions teach more readers than we can know.