84 F250 New member

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

84 F250 New member

Adam Wilson
 New member, first ever post (and only forum I will or have ever joined) from the Twin Cities area of Minnesnowta. Very excited to be here, I have had a few 80's Fords over the last 20+ years with having my current F250 for the last 12 years. Unfortunately it has only been able to see plow duty, but I will eventually get it back on the road; family has taken precedence pretty much ever since I acquired it. I finally decided to buckle down and repair the cab floor this fall. Well, seemed like a good idea at the time and now we are having one of the snowiest winters in a long while......thats great. It is great to finally join a community of others who enjoy these trucks as much and more as I do. Here are current photos  Has anyone found or does anyone make a repair piece for braces under the cab floor that connect to the cab mount? All I have been able to find is floor sections and the mounts. I am probably going to end up fabricating pieces, I need this thing out there plowing snow like yesterday! Thanks in advance and again happy to be here!
84 F250 XLT Super cab 4x4 7.3L IDI
D60 front
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 84 F250 New member

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Adam!  Glad you joined.  

You said "Minnesnowta".  Do you happen to listen to Phlash Phelps?  That's what he calls it.

As for the braces, I've not seen them.  Just the floor panels.  Hopefully someone else has.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you in the Twin Cities if you'd like.  We don't like to get too precise, so that will work.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Adam Wilson
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Adam Wilson
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thanks for the welcome, I've heard of Phlash Phelps, but not any of his material. It has been a term used around here for as long as I can remember. Go ahead and add me to the map. As for the braces, its a bummer nobody has produced them, but figured if anyone knew of one it would be on here. Thanks again!
D60 front
Reply | Threaded
|

Adam Wilson
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Thanks for the info, I didn't realize Bronco graveyard had body repair parts. I have the cab supports and floor pans from LMC and am now wishing I would have checked here before ordering. After checking out bronco graveyard, their body supports are the only ones I have seen that have the correct reinforcement plates in them. And the Tabco floor pans are the only ones I have seen with the recessed hole in them to access the body mount bolts. It is looking like I will have to fabricate them.
D60 front
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.

As for Phlash Phelps, Wikipedia says "Gordon "Phlash" Phelps (born April 11, 1966) is a radio personality and disc jockey on Sirius-XM Radio, broadcasting from Washington, D.C. He hosts the weekday morning drive time Phlash Phelps Phunny Pharm on the '60s Gold, channel 73, which plays music hits from the 1960s."

And since I listen to Channel 73 when I'm in the shop I hear a lot from Phlash, which is where I first heard "Minnesnowta" and assumed he coined the term.  Obviously not.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI