83 Bronco interior restoration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

83 Bronco interior restoration

MattK
While our engine is getting built we are doing the interior restoration.  Finished stripping it all down this week.  Going to grind or cut out and patch all the rust. Then paint and sound proof. After that a complete re-wire and put it all back together.

I will post progress photos to this thread.
Matt & Laura (East Wentachee, WA)

Our Ford Family:
1983 Bronco: Restomod in progress.  I-6 4.9L with NP435 being swapped with ZF42.
1966 Mustang: Stock restoration with Inline 6
2000 F350 Crew Cab Superduty DRW:  4x4, 7.3 with DP tuner, S&B intake, 4" turbo back, and bellowed up-pipes.
2015 Expedition XL: 4x4, 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 83 Bronco interior restoration

FuzzFace2
On the rust if there are no holes, looks like there might be on the driver side?
Then I would use a rust converter to kill it, paint then sound dead etc.
Other wise yes cut and patch.

Being you have the dash out you may want to open the HVAC box to check the defrost damper door hinge.
The hinge is known to break and door will no longer work / move.
I did not know of this when mine truck was apart and got lucky mine is working.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

MattK
The drivers side had a big hole so it is getting cut out.  The passenger had a few small holes so a small patch will be needed.  The rest just need a wire wheel or flap disc to clean up.  I plan on painting with epoxy primer then putting down Kilmat (sound deadening).

Good advice on the hvac box.  I already pulled it to clean it there was a lot of dirt an a mouse nest.  I will test all the mechanics before I reinstall.  

Matt & Laura (East Wentachee, WA)

Our Ford Family:
1983 Bronco: Restomod in progress.  I-6 4.9L with NP435 being swapped with ZF42.
1966 Mustang: Stock restoration with Inline 6
2000 F350 Crew Cab Superduty DRW:  4x4, 7.3 with DP tuner, S&B intake, 4" turbo back, and bellowed up-pipes.
2015 Expedition XL: 4x4, 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
If you have the HVAC box out, now is the perfect time to replace the hinge.  It isn't a question of if it will fail, but when.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI