classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

83 Bronco Suspension

MattK
This post was updated on .
My 83 Bronco's suspension is sagging.  I am in the middle of an engine swap.   The current suspension is stock with the TTB from and solid rear.   I have 31x10.50r15 on now. I am considering 33's.  I need to replace the front springs for sure. The rear leafs have some rust on them.   What recommendations do you have?  I would like a mild 2 to 4 in lift.  My use is mixed mostly on road with some off-road (mud, gravel and snow). The extra clearance would be nice, but I am not building a dedicated off-road rig. It needs to drive well on the road.  

Since I have to replace at least the front springs I could kill two birds with one stone with the right product.  
Matt & Laura (East Wentachee, WA)

Our Ford Family:
1983 Bronco: Restomod in progress.  I-6 4.9L with NP435 being swapped with ZF42.
1966 Mustang: Stock restoration with Inline 6
2000 F350 Crew Cab Superduty DRW:  4x4, 7.3 with DP tuner, S&B intake, 4" turbo back, and bellowed up-pipes.
2015 Expedition XL: 4x4, 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bronco Suspension recommendations

mat in tn
the simplest method for the front will be to go with springs that give you 2" lift but you will need an alignment for sure . then adding 2" blocks to the back is a simple tip too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bronco Suspension recommendations

mat in tn
sorry for the short answer. I was called for dinner. the 2" setup will give enough room for 33" tires and not defer from the factory geometry too much. it is certainly not factory as the radius arms will be more at a downward angle and that does tend to make the ride a little harsher. other than that, the caster and camber can be brought into alignment by a good shop. new camber bushings will be required. this is also the limit of the range of the shocks but should also be fine. another possible for lifting is the rear brake hose. probably due for replacement by now so looking into a longer one might be worthwhile if a lift is going to happen