'81 flareside 4x4, wasn't worth saving

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

'81 flareside 4x4, wasn't worth saving

CliftonK
I got this truck a couple days ago I've been watching for a month. Hoping it was in better shape, but it's got too much rot. Most is going to salvage. Still got some decent parts. 4x4 but no trans or transfer case. Has a 300 6 and all the good bits on it still, including A/C. Hasn't been on the road since '03 it looks like. Been kicking around the idea of converting my 82 to 4x4 but I'd need the transfer case and adapter for a small block C6 and haven't come acrossed any yet.  Bed is in rough shape, but I think it's worth saving. If anyone is looking for any parts, let me know. I'm in north east Arkansas. Can take more pictures. Snapped these in a hurry before I left work.

Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: '81 flareside 4x4, wasn't worth saving

Rembrant
I bet she was a nice old truck in her day. Looks pretty crusty now.

If the rear bumper and brackets are decent they will sell. There are always guys looking for them.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: '81 flareside 4x4, wasn't worth saving

CliftonK
Frame is about gone on the truck. Pulled the receiver off a little while ago. Going to clean it up and paint it to go on my truck.  Saw some of the floor boards while I was under there, not original either. Got a really heavy sign on top of them I need to get out.  Doesn't look like any of the body is salvageable. Bed is in rough shape, but I think it's worth saving. If no one shows any interest in it I'll fix it up and look for a truck to put under it.  Gonna fire the motor up when I get a chance. Probably be a couple of weeks before things calm down. Haven't spent much time in the cab. Saw the power window and lock switches are still in. Missing the manual switch for the driver door. Seat was about perfect before the critters dug the foam out of the back. Surprised they felt the need to as there was a whole bag of bedding material in the passenger floorboard.
Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.