81 center caps

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

81 center caps

81f100custom
Just thought I would check here and see if anyone may have some of these black center caps or just the centers laying around there not using before I consider new ones. Mine are pretty faded as you can see in the pic so if I buy new ones will most likely end up having to buy a set to get them to match. I got one on the truck that the black cap is still there but the plastic center has gone missing. I believe they state they are 3 5/8" diameter.
Eddie,
81 F100 Custom SWB, 5.0L, 4x2, Single Rail Four-Speed Overdrive, 3.00 Non-Limited Slip Rear Axle, Non A/C truck to complete 85 F150 factory A/C conversion, Nutmeg interior color.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 81 center caps

FuzzFace2
I want to say someone was making replacement center decals?
Now if I can only remember who it was?
think of this as a BTTT
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

81f100custom
In reply to this post by FuzzFace2
FuzzFace2 wrote
I want to say someone was making replacement center decals?
Now if I can only remember who it was?
think of this as a BTTT
Dave ----
Yea I have found them new just thinking maybe someone may have had some used ones around that looked more like mine before having to buy a whole new set.
Eddie,
81 F100 Custom SWB, 5.0L, 4x2, Single Rail Four-Speed Overdrive, 3.00 Non-Limited Slip Rear Axle, Non A/C truck to complete 85 F150 factory A/C conversion, Nutmeg interior color.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by 81f100custom
81f100custom wrote
Just thought I would check here and see if anyone may have some of these black center caps or just the centers laying around there not using before I consider new ones. Mine are pretty faded as you can see in the pic so if I buy new ones will most likely end up having to buy a set to get them to match. I got one on the truck that the black cap is still there but the plastic center has gone missing. I believe they state they are 3 5/8" diameter.

How about aftermarket for use as a daily driver?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4PC-FOR-1980-1996-FORD-F150-BRONCO-VAN-CENTER-CAPS-HUBS-SET-BLACK-CENTER/224009051314?epid=12010930630&hash=item3427fadcb2:g:2ckAAOSwXDVcrKjQ
Reply | Threaded
|

81f100custom
Yea I have been looking at those but haven't made a decision to buy them yet. Have you had any of them? I usually don't seem to have good results with cheap aftermarket parts. Also considering https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/trucks/wheel-amp-hub/hub-caps/e2tz-1137-a-hub-cap-emblem-for-e2tz-1130-c
Eddie,
Reply | Threaded
|

66gtk
Have you tried polishing your center sections?  I used compound and buffer (sort of like headlight restoration) with good results.  I do not touch the black body areas with this, just the centers.
'83 F150 XL Shortbox California
302 (EEC-III), AOD, 3.55 - stock original drivetrain
Reply | Threaded
|

81f100custom
No have not tried that. I posted here actually looking for a center if anyone may have had one laying around spare or not using. I still have the black cap on the truck just the red/silver center feel out went missing. I have found some more caps but the other two with them are always for 4 wheel drive and don't have the centers either.
Eddie,