6000 RPM tachometer [E0TZ-17360-A] - NOS

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 6000 RPM tachometer [E0TZ-17360-A] - NOS

biga17133
will this fit 1984 f150 gasser with a enclosed tach in it right now,, is there a diffence in a enclosed and open tach I'm assuming there is because why have open and closed tach this would be great if it will fit mine help...also is there a way to test a tach picked up a parts truck and it has a tach in it but no circuit board
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
The open and closed are interchangeable.

To test a tach, using jump wires with alligator clips, I place the tachometer on the inner fender liner [hood open] and ground the "G" terminal for 6 cylinder and also ground the "8" terminal if a V8. Attach a wire to the "B" terminal and attach to a 12V source [battery + terminal]. Finally, attach a lead from the "C" terminal to the green wire on the coil negative post.
Reply | Threaded
|

biga17133
WoW got to be sober to do this lol thanks a lot I just want to make sure it good before I put it in or sale it,,thanks  so then after I hook all that up  start truck to see if it works?
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
biga17133 wrote
WoW got to be sober to do this lol thanks a lot I just want to make sure it good before I put it in or sale it,,thanks  so then after I hook all that up  start truck to see if it works?
Yes.