4 seasons AC hoses - The Correct ones 82 thru 86 Factory AC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

4 seasons AC hoses - The Correct ones 82 thru 86 Factory AC

86 1/2 Brutus
Myself and others have had many issues with getting the incorrect ac hoses from 4 seasons.   I've done research at many different parts stores online catalogs along with the 4 seasons online catalogs and there are many mistakes

First off, we are dealing with 1982 thru 1986 f150's which use an orifice tube system with the orifice tube mounted inside the evaperator core.   All Evaperator cores are the same and is Part number 54525

All Ford condensers are the same and you will notice when ordering a liquid line for some reason they give many different ones that involve a manual shut off valve at compresser.  This is all wrong and these hoses have nothing at all to do with having a shut off valve at the compresser being this hose does not connect to the compresser.  All of these hoses are going to be the same , The correct liquid line is part number 55782

Now to the suction and discharge lines.  These are dependent on if you have manual shut off valves t the compresser

This is a pic of my compresser, the Discharge line at the compresser does not have a manual shut off valve, and the suction line does have a manual shut off valve at compresser.   Originally this compresser had both with manual shut off valves, but being they sent me the hose for without the valve, i have  several other FS6 compressers with whatever manifold's i need.  So just for reference, in the pic, the manifold on the left is without, the manifold on the right is with manual shut off valve.  it is the valves that make a difference and not the manifolds.  All manifolds are the same on the FS6 compresser

Suction line - Without manual shut off valve is part number 55875
Suction line - With manual shut off valve is part number 55880

Discharge line - Without manual shut off valve is part number 55889
Discharge line - With manual shut off valve is part number 55695

You will see some of these as stated without orifice tube.  Pay no attention to this, it is a catalog mistake among many others.  All Factory ac systems from 82 thru 86 use the orifice tube system and all use the same evaperator core and condenser.

I hope this helps

If where you are ordering requires you to use a vehicle, use either a 1986 with a 351, or 1983 with a 4.9

I hope this helps ya'll

Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 4 seasons AC hoses - The Correct ones 82 thru 86 Factory AC

Machspeed
Administrator
I'll be delving into this soon, so thanks for this information!!!
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 4 seasons AC hoses - The Correct ones 82 thru 86 Factory AC

86 1/2 Brutus
No problem.  Let me know if i can help in anyway
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new