classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

289/302 Valve Covers FOUND!

Bronco638
This post was updated on .
In search of 289/302 valve covers with the oil filler tube (breather) on the driver's side cover and the PCV port on the passenger side cover. Color doesn't matter as this is a daily driver (and I'll paint them to match the block, which is grey). I have parts to trade or will purchase outright. Thanks!
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 289/302 Valve Covers

ArnoldAW
I have a set from an 85' E chassis 351W. What do you have on trade? You don't happen to have a slave cylinder bracket for an 84 bellhousing do you?
Reply | Threaded
|

Bronco638
ArnoldAW wrote
I have a set from an 85' E chassis 351W. What do you have on trade? You
don't happen to have a slave cylinder bracket for an 84 bellhousing do you?
I would be interested in those valve covers.

I do not have any 'late' Bull Nose parts, sorry. My truck is an '80 Flare Side and my parts truck is an '81 Style Side. So, my clutch components are mechanical, not hydraulic.

I do have a running 4.9 out of a '79 F-150 and an AOD with torque converter. The parts truck has been pretty much reduced to body panels, rear axle and frame, at this point. I do have a sliding rear window, a grille (with Ford oval) in fair shape, headlight door sets and gas tank with sender and straps.

Were you looking for anything else besides the bracket?
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
Dave I'm not sure where you are but I am always looking for an aod.
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
If you need an AOD, I have a lead on one... my best friend's dad bought a 351 out of an early model Town Car to put in his '66 mustang and the AOD was a leftover. It's in North-Central IN but it could be fetched.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Bronco638
mat in tn wrote
Dave I'm not sure where you are but I am always looking for an aod.
I'm outside of Chicago. The trans came with my Flare Side and I was going to use it in conjunction with a 300/6. My F-100 parts truck has a 302/SROD and I've decided to go with that. The AOD was rebuilt at some point (it has a tag and some stamps on it). It also has a torque converter. I was going to have it checked out by a shop that rebuilt the trans for my old '85 Ranger. I paid $200 for it. I would just like to re-coup my money. I have some pics of it if you'd like to see it.
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition
Reply | Threaded
|

ArnoldAW
In reply to this post by Bronco638
The only other thing I'm looking for is a non step rear bumper for my 81 style side

I'm in McHenry, valve covers are yours for a case of oldstyle and firm handshake if you want them.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bronco638
ArnoldAW wrote
The only other thing I'm looking for is a non step rear bumper for my 81 style side
The F-100 has a step bumper on it (with ball). It also appears to be slightly tweaked. Sorry. Is there anything else you might need? I'm going to pull the drivetrain early next week and then start cutting it up. If you need "patch panels" I can create some. The rear axle leaks from the pinion seal or diff seal, I can't tell which but it's not uncommon (and it's not leaking enough to drip). It does have a new(er) gas tank in it with new sending unit and new straps. It also has a sliding rear window. LMK, I can bring parts when I come to get the valve covers.
ArnoldAW wrote
I'm in McHenry, valve covers are yours for a case of old style and firm handshake if you want them.
Deal.
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition
Reply | Threaded
|

ArnoldAW
The only other things on my list are nutmeg interior parts.

Let me know when you want to come grab valve covers

Reply | Threaded
|

Bronco638
ArnoldAW wrote
Let me know when you want to come grab valve covers
Shoot, I replied to your email, twice, and when I didn't hear back I located some valve covers that happened to be local to me. Sorry.
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition
Reply | Threaded
|

ArnoldAW
No worries! I didn't get an email, and to be honest, I wasn't sure my attempt at sending you one went through!!

Best of luck. Let me know if you need anything else.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bronco638
Thanks Craig, will do. You do the same, or let me know if you need help with anything.
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition