2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2021 RUNNING OF THE BULLS - OK TO CO

Ray Cecil
This post was updated on .
This is the Official Details page.
All discussions about the trip go here : http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/TransAmerica-Trail-TAT-tp62589.html

WHO: 
-Anyone (recommend 16+)

WHAT:
-A journey of Epic Proportions down the TRANS AMERICA TRAIL
-Wilderness tent camping
-4X4 Bullnose Trucks and Broncos
-Dual Sport Motorcycles (XR650, DR650, WR250R etc etc) Must be street legal.
-This is not a trail for garage queen trucks, or trucks unequipped for sand, dirt, mud, and steep narrow rocky mountain passes.
-Sight Seeing, Buffalo Herds, Wild Mustangs, Salt Flats of Jet Oklahoma, Little Sahara Oklahoma, and the sights of the Beautiful Rocky Mountains.
-There will be rain. Heat. Cold. WIND!! Early on the trail in Oklahoma the WIND could be brutal. I have ridden to Jet Oklahoma during summer on a KLR650...it was a challenge!
-You will dent, scratch, or break something.
-You might lose a pound or two.
-Trucks will carry spare tools, food, fuel, coolers.
-MCs will be way ahead of 4x4s, so MC riders need to plan to carry some tools, food, water, survival equipment.

WHEN:
SUMMER 2021. Exact Day and Time TBA
Duration TBD, probably 8-10 days.
I will be leaving Louisville Kentucky for Skiatook Oklahoma a day before the start. I have room in the Tahoe for 2 or 3 guys, and can fit 2 or 3 motorcycles in the enclosed trailer.

WHERE:
-The Journey begins in Skiatook Oklahoma. The trail starts in Dewey Oklahoma. We go as far as we have time to. Anyone can leave at any time. Anyone can join us along the way.

WHY:
Because life is short, good friends are hard to come by. Let's have ourselves an adventure.

DISCLAIMER: AT-YOUR-OWN-RISK. No one is responsible for damage, injury, death but YOU. You are responsible for all your food, water, equipment, tools, first aid kit etc.

OFFICIAL ROLL CALL: (personal message me at ray.cecil.3@gmail.com to add your name)
ADVENTURE RIDERS
1. Ray Cecil on a Honda XR650L
2. Chod Dagenfield on a Honda XR650L

TRUCKERS
1. Gary Lewis in BIG BLUE F250

SUGGESTIONS FOR TRUCKS
-Absolutely NO highway tires. Aggressive off road tires recommended.
-Lead Truck will Clear obstacles such as downed trees.
-Pay SPECIAL attention to your braking system LONG before the trip, have it in perfect working order. Colorado WILL test your brakes. Have a properly working parking brake also.
-I suggest 2 people per truck, 1 driver and 1 spotter. However, you can buddy up with other drivers and work technical section together if you want to get out and walk up and down narrow passes....
-Quiet Exhaust and an automatic transmission go a long way towards enjoying your trucking adventure. Not necessary though, if you like clutching on steep mountain passes with wet slippery rocks....you are a crazy nut job. . For the record, I like crazy people.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ADVRIDERS
-Pack and plan as though the trucks wont be there, but bring extra stuff to throw on trucks if you want. Put your name on anything you bring.
-Dont ruin the trip for everyone else by showing up with a poorly maintained bike with lots of problems.

ROUTE
-GPSKevin tracks are being used to develop a special route. The route will be shared here, downloadable to a GPS unit. Stay tuned, this is under development.

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2021 RUNNING OF THE BULLS - OK TO CO

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Count Big Blue and me in, and possibly my son.  We will be happy to bring up the tail end and tote things the guys on bikes might need.  And, we'll have plenty of tools, compressed air, 110v power, a winch, chain, high-lift jack, etc.

Plus, we'll serve as the comm's hub with CB and maybe a signal booster for cell service.  And, maybe a satellite radio system such as the Garmin InReach so people can keep track of us.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI