classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1986 F150 XLT Lariat

ZanyZane
This post was updated on .
Well yesterday I actually replaced the passenger side window motor (that was fun! (LOL)).  While I was doing that, I decided to replace the window and door seals, so I ordered them.  Also looking around, the door panels (especially driver side) are in rough shape, so I ordered those as well along with a new dash panel.

The new brake booster & cylinder just arrived today, so I'll try and get those installed next weekend.  I'll also be ordering new U joints (any suggestions?) to replace the old ones.

I noticed a hole in the muffler and wondered if anyone could suggest a good sounding muffler (staying single exhaust 302 EFI) and if the price it right I probably should replace the catalytic converter as well.

Next weekend I hope to check the brake pads/rotors, wheel bearings and rebalance the tires and check the shocks, tie rods.  If all that is good or replaced, I'll schedule a front-end alignment.

All this should keep me busy for the month of August.

1986 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0L EFI 2WD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1986 F150 XLT Lariat

BigBrother-84
ZanyZane wrote
All this should keep me busy for the month of August.
Yep.  For sure.
In my case, when I figure out that my ordered items will keep me busy for a month, I finally have to admit that I am always much too optimistic in my projects estimated duration.
Zane, I hope you're better than me!

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1986 F150 XLT Lariat

mat in tn
so far, I have been happy using moog suspension components and would use them for u joints too if available. however, there is nothing like the originals for fit. if oem non greaseable spicers can be had they are my first choice. even to the point that I will rebuild them given the chance. if any rust is detected in them DONT BOTHER!! by rebuild I really mean clean and regrease. a lot of work just to put an old one back and that's why it's rarely done. but you know they fit!