1984 Tailgate Panel Dimensions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1984 Tailgate Panel Dimensions

Dabbler
I am looking for the panel to replace the missing one on my tailgate and prefer it to the factory holes where one used to reside. I have a bead on an old one as I am learning what you all have said - unicorns are easier to find. Problem is the guy has a crappy camera and it’s a few hour drive away, (And he doesn’t know what he has as it was in a farm they inherited). Does anyone know, or could I ask someone to measure, the dimensions of the panel as it sits on the tailgate?  It would save me driving 3 hours to see a piece the wrong thing😃
Thanks here is a pic of the original.
Grant. 1984 Shortbox 4x4 XLT. 5.8L 4V HO, C6, 9” rear. Alberta,Canada
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1984 Tailgate Panel Dimensions

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The ones I have a 9 x 58 1/2".
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dabbler
Fantastic! Thanks for the super quick reply Gary - appreciate it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dabbler
Took me long enough but it’s finally done. Not perfect but suits the truck with the odd imperfection. I stripped it down and polished and repaired as best I could. I gave up after months of looking for the black plastic outlines the letters fit into and went to a local automotive striping company and had them cut the letter outlines 3/16” larger than the new chrome letters and also replace the black large stripe and pinstripes around the perimeter. I then installed the letters after drilling out the mount holes to fit new little plugs and I think she looks pretty good.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
"pretty good"...... no, that panel looks GREAT!

Really nice job!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Excellent!  I like that approach.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI