1980 f250 6.9 idi diesel restoration updates after a year !

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1980 f250 6.9 idi diesel restoration updates after a year !

wellz
howdy yall. and those who previously seen photos of my projects beginnings there was a year long inerval on progress on the truck as we had a move around the truck sat out back for the winter. finally this evening ive restarted my work on the truck ive got a new cab the *old new cab* was junk im going to be stripping the frame with the sandblaster i obtained for this project tommorow.

as for the road this truck is now going has changed a small bit its going to become a semi resto mod as ive taken the suspenion from a 2005 king ranch f350 for it i have harvested the hubs from the same truck which will bolt onto the dana axles under my truck for a 4 wheel disk break conversion.

the 6.9 idi will receive a turbo and stage one injection pump paired to a zf 6 manual transmission plus the additon of 3:54 gear ratio in the rear. unfortunately i must chop the frame off behind the rear axle and replace it as the rust wont pass inspection due to the deep pitting but that is not much of a big deal or anything.     ive spent the year collecting peices and bits for this truck and formulating my plan which i can finally act upon

previous post
https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-f250-4x4-single-cab-lariet-diesel-restoration-tp105638.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1980 f250 6.9 idi diesel restoration updates after a year !

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  I'm happy to go along for the ride, and am happy "we" are now started on that road trip.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1980 f250 6.9 idi diesel restoration updates after a year !

midnight_f150
In reply to this post by wellz
I'm curious to hear how hard the ZF6 swap was to do?
Jason
1984 Ford F-250 reg cab 6.9L IDI 4sp 4wd flatbed