classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

theHardy

hardy
hello bullnose friends.
I'm Hardy from germany, knowing a few guys from THE other forum.
struggling amost a year on my 86 f250 4x4 460/c6 truck.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1462951-50th-gift.html
am I allowed to put that link, gary?
now I'm torn a little, were to look/post my issues about my truck

hardy
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: theHardy

crisman
Wellcome abord Hardy.

Christian Bernal 1982 F100. 2WD, 302, AOD, with a ???? rear end. 1987 Bronco 4WD And some other toys :) https://licbernal.wixsite.com/f100-renovation
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by hardy
Welcome, Hardy!  Thanks for joining.

Yes, you are allowed to post links to other sites here. We obviously aren't the only one out there, just the best. 😎

As for what you posted there:

oh, following the link and see, you are in devcon3.

I wish you the best for the meet. so much work to stem.
all I can do from here is to press my thumbs for you (and all the others) who's helping.
hopfully the weather's right and the right number of participants showing up (not to less but also not toooo much).

see you...next year, hardy
Lol! Devcon3!  Thanks for your best wishes. This has been a lot more work than I ever imagined, and it isn't over. But my wife, Janey, has been very supportive and it is all going to work out well - regardless of how many show up. However, the initial indications are that there will be plenty, which will make it all worth it.

We are glad we are doing it as a show/swap meet this year as it will make next year so much easier. And better. Heretofore it has been a gathering of friends at our house, but now we can meet so many more people. So we are looking forward to next year when we get to meet you and all the others from outside the States - like maybe Christian?  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hardy - Are you looking for a NOS E1TZ9929076-AA, meaning New Old Stock?  I ask because I have a piece I'll let you have.  It isn't perfect, but it is pretty good.  It is the top of the two with rubber in this picture:

And the only thing that is wrong with it is a small scrape on the rear bottom part, as shown below:

If you want more pictures I can do that and either post them here or email them to you.  But it is yours for the shipping if you want it.  Or, I've found it online at a couple of places and have requested pricing.  Otherwise, I haven't found any.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

hardy
almost 3 weeks working in spain, I'm back home.

I painted the bed with a flat black chassis paint. but I'm not happy with that.
I think a coat in the original car color will look much nicer.
I have to made the coat myself 'cos most of the US paints are no more alowed to use/import to the EU countries.
we have the Polyurethan coats. I thought I use a clear PU base, mix it with a paint tone I need and then, to have the rough effekt I have to add some gravel, maybe rubber or somethinglikethat.
any sugestions?
or is that bulls*it ?

hardy

@gary, do you still have the parts?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome back!  Did you cause the Catalonians to secede?  

On the paint, there are bed-liner paints, at least here in the US, that can be tinted.  Can you get them, or something like that, in Germany?

As for "the parts", do you mean the top piece that has the rubber in this pic?

Yes, I still have it.  But, remember that it has a small flaw, as shown below:

I did find a place that had one of them NOS.  It is $75 plus shipping, but I don't know if they'll ship to you or if we'd have to have them ship to me and then I'd re-ship to you.

Reply | Threaded
|

hardy
for me, this spot looks a little scratched like someone sanded it, right?
do you think, I can polish it?

I was right in the middle of spain. somewere in nowere, I feld that the people there didn't even know whats going on in the north.

hardy
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
So Catalonia’s secession wasn’t your fault I guess. 😎

Let me try to clean/polish that piece and take another pic or two. I’ll post later today.....

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hardy - I've now cleaned the part, and if your other trim is NOS then I wouldn't put this one next to them.  But, if your other pieces are used and less than perfect then maybe.  It depends on how far you are going with your work.  But, for the shipping I'm not sure I'd go with this used one.  However, if your other parts aren't perfect then placing a perfect NOS piece next to them will point that out.  It is a tough call, and you won't hurt my feelings whichever way you want to go.

The first problem is that there's a mottled look overall that may be water spots that didn't come off with a light polishing, or it could be that the anodizing isn't even.  Anyway, you can see it in several of the pics below.

Then there are two places that are scratched and/or dented.  Here's an overall pic, with the places pointed out with arrows:

Here's the one on the top rear, which is the one pointed to by the orange arrow:

And these three pics are of the one on the lower front, as pointed to by the red arrow:

Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
Hello/Hallo Hardy,
habe heute https://www.antirutsch.net/ allerdings in schwarz aufgetragen/probiert.
Today I tried https://www.antirutsch.net/ in black.
Die Verarbeitung war ok wenn der Untergrund gut rauh ist.
Woring with it was ok once the underound is roughend enough.
Gibt es auch in anderen RAL Farben.
Different RAL colours are available.
Ist danach aber sehr rauh.
Quite rough afterwards
I am gonna post some pics, maybe tomorrow

Netter Gruß

Heinz
 Â´86 F150 5.0 EFI 4WD LWB
I belive in metrics. 😉
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's the kind of stuff I was talking about.  Looking forward to pictures.

Reply | Threaded
|

hardy
hello, heinz

still was on that site, but they arend offer the coat in TAN/BEIGE RAL1001.
I'll contact them if they would offer me a custom coat.
but many thanks for the tip.
btw, were are you from?

@gary, I know my truck looks nearly perfect...on pictures...from the far.
this molding will well insert the molding mix on my truck.

hardy
Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
Hi Hardy,
U might buy the colour thats close to yours and do a normal sprayjob on top of that.
I live in the northwest of Frankfurt/Main „Oberursel“.

Haveaniceday

Heinz
I belive in metrics. 😉
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hardy - I think what you are saying is you want this piece of moulding. Email me your address and I’ll get it out to you. Then you can PayPal me the shipping cost.

Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
In reply to this post by Howling.Wolf
I belive in metrics. 😉