Search Forum
Show Tips
Sort by relevance | Sorted by date
Found 78 matching posts for message:SEFI message:MAF author:"85lebaront2" in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum Showing posts 1 to 12.
... rims Alcoa made for Ford on him. Weight on the scale was 6400 lbs. Darth is a 2WD (no 1986 crew cab duallies were built 4WD by Ford) updates are conversion the MAF/SEFI (probably 40 lbs less intake weight) and changed the C6 to an E4OD (probably added at least the 40 lbs back).
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 7838 replies in thread
I came very close to adding a "prime" push button switch to Darth as he wasn't a daily driver and usually needed the carburetor filled for a cold start. Now that I have the MAF/SEFI system, it isn't needed.
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 26 replies in thread
I can't restore the plating, but I used to own a shop that was a Holley authorized warranty location, Preston Carburetion, located in Newport News VA. I am now on Virginia's Eastern Shore and have plenty of time if you want to send it to me. Darth had a 4180C until he was converted to MAF/SEFI in 2012 (first was the SD/BF system in late 2011).
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 14 replies in thread
... from a carbureted dual air pump setup to a 1996 CA spec MAF/SEFI system, but still non-catalyst. Interior has a 1995 dash and steering column and will have a nice refrigerator/freezer console from a 2009 Ford Flex. Front seats are Lincoln Continental 12 way memory for the driver, just 12 way for the passenger. I installed a remote keyless entry with number pad. Rear seat is from a 1996, along with the power sliding rear window.
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 12 replies in thread
Here is the link to the pumps on Rock Auto. If you look at the pictures you will see they are centrifugal. I used my truck as a reference, it's an 86 crew cab dually now converted to MAF/SEFI from carbureted. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1986,f-350,7.5l+460cid+v8,1126358,fuel+&+air,fuel+pump,6256
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 64 replies in thread
Here is what a slipped balancer looks like: This was in 2011 when I was converting the truck to MAF/SEFI
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 66 replies in thread
In my case, first, I have owned Darth since April 1994. I have updated a number of things (converted to MAF/SEFI from carbureted, gone from a C6 to an E4OD, upgraded the rear brakes to 12X3 1/2" wide, installed a later dash and steering column, installed a 1996 HVAC system, Lincoln Continental 10...
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 5 replies in thread
... important. The sense circuits will be 199 and 359. I had to go through this with Darth when I went from a carbureted 460 and C6 to an MAF/SEFI 460 and E4OD.
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 33 replies in thread
They've come way down in price. The Baumann units were around $1500 12 years ago. That was when I bought a Bronco EEC-IV box for 5.0L/E4OD. It was after trying to get some sort of idea what I would need to get my shift points where I wanted them (no need to buzz a 460 up like a 302) that Core Tuning contacted me on EEC-Tuning.org (no longer around) and offered me a great package using an EEC-V box so I could run an MAF/SEFI system.
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 38 replies in thread
... $3000 to go aftermarket after buying the $845 parts truck to get the mechanical parts needed to go to EFI and an E4OD. I actually did run Darth as a bank fired speed density (MAP sensor) system for a while until I had everything in hand to go to MAF/SEFI.
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 38 replies in thread
Rusty, the 302 trucks went MAF/SEFI in 1994, 351 in 1995 and 460 CA spec in 1996, 300 went SEFI in 1995 CA spec. Other than 49 state 460 trucks (and not all of them) everything was pretty much MAF/SEFI by 1996. MT and C6 equipt trucks stayed Bank Fired much later than the 4R7x and E4OD models.
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 53 replies in thread
..., arrived mid Thursday. Today he was going to be here early with Elizabeth, but didn't show up till early afternoon, then was not happy when I told him no on the MAF/SEFI conversion as there wasn't time to do everything. I did locate a 1996 F150 dash harness though, but it's in Newport News, and I will have to go pull it. That will give us the in-cab OBD-II wiring.
in Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum by 85lebaront2 — 8 replies in thread
Next 12 »
Search Forum
Show Tips