new led headlights!! but no blinkers?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

new led headlights!! but no blinkers?

Coco
hey everyone; i need some wiring help. i don’t do a lot of wiring, although i want to learn. i recently ordered LoyoLight led headlights cuz they look sick, and they fit anything with an H6054. they’re new bronco style 6000kw leds with custom blinkers, DRL, and fancy high/low beams.

trying to connect the wires for the turn signals not only broke the female connection for the turn signals on the new lights, i also straight up don’t have turn signals at all anymore? i’ve run into this problem before, turn signals worked intermittently, but this is just annoying at this point. with OEM style Sylvania’s it was fine but now idk what the hell’s going on.

i rigged the wires together, so there’s a decent connection (i’m going to go back through and fix it with hands on help later) but now the little dash (that should turn orange to blink, and stay white when it’s just a normal light) is permanently orange. only the driver side has been messed with, the passenger side i just plugged in to the factory connector, so it’s still white, but still no blinker. not even factory or aftermarket blink front or rear anywhere.

what the hell am i supposed to do with it? i have clamp on connectors that self splice and have quick disconnects on them for the oe wires, did i clamp it on the wrong one? (i clamped it onto the brown wire from the parking light because that’s what the chilton manual said) but i’m not sure why it’s not blinking anymore.

i was hoping this would be an easy job, and a sick mod, because they do look really good on her, but it feels like any time i even touch the damn thing it breaks itself more and then i’m stuck paying another couple hundred dollars to fix 15 more problems on it. if anyone has experience wiring turn signals into aftermarket headlights or any explanation as to why it’s being weird, please help, i just keep getting frustrated and angry with it, and it’s just building up.

she did have turn signals when she was running, before the fuel filter decided to crack itself open, which i haven’t gotten to fixing yet so i can’t test it to see if it’s only when she’s running vs engine off. but; i do know for a fact, that she did have turn signals both engine on and off before; i just don’t know what’s going on now.
Autumn: 1984 F-250 XLT
Single Cab Long bed, 2wd
4spd manual, 6.9L/420 Diesel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new led headlights!! but no blinkers?

JimJam300
Do they work fine when you put incandescent bulbs back in? You may need a flasher relay that will do LED lights, or resistors for the lights. The relay would be a lot less work.
1982 Bronco restomod in progress: Built 4.9L, T19 4spd, 9" 3.00 rear w/ Eaton TrueTrac, 31" tires, fuel injection soon
https://www.youtube.com/@jimjamauto